• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun price

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trobb32

32 Cal
Reaction score
First post....
I used to shoot smoke poles waay back in the day and also did the pre 1840 camping stuff some 25 years ago.
When I first started to shoot I wanted a good gun so I bought a .50 cal Lyman Great Plains rifle. It probably has less than 1000 round thru it.
32" barrel, 1-66" twist, #11 percussion and all the metal with the exception of the side plate and hammer have been browned.
It's been setting in the safe for years and it's time for someone else to enjoy it.
I have 14 days and 24 more posts to go before I can try to sell it but I'm curious what that gun is bringing these days?
It's in immaculate shape as well.
Any help would be much appreciated or if you have interest in it feel free to pm me.

Don't know if you're just hoping people PM you with offers to beat the eligibility requirements or what but, it's pretty simple to just go down through the 'firearms for sale' section & see what the two on the first page are going for and there's been several others in the last couple weeks if you check back a page or few.

Thanks for the info.
Wasn't trying to bypass the waiting period to list it. I am also trying to sell it locally so I was trying to get an idea of its value.

Back