• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun marked Graves, Pontiac, MI?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNS

32 Cal.
Reaction score
The gun is a late style 1/2 stock percussion, with set triggers. The barrel is marked as far as I can tell-A.A. Graves. The seller said it was made in Pontiac, MI about 1860. Any one herd of this gunsmith? I tried a search and didn't find anything. Thanks

Well I have made a few guns, but I am not quite that old. The name on the gun being the same as mine peaks my interest. Sorry about not being able to help in your quest. Don't know of any relation in Pontiac, but really don't know much about my heritage. It would be neat to find out my great great grand uncle built guns here in Michigan. Keep us informed on any info you come across.

Contact this gentleman,he has published a book on Michigan builders in the 19th Century.He might have some info-

James Kelly
514 Harrison St
Rochester,Michigan 48307-1916

One of the only Graves that I have seen listed is an A.W.Graves of Maine. It is unlikely to be this person....but...what makes the seller say that the gun was made in Michigan....is the gun marked as such...what exactly do the markings say? Pictures would be better.

The barrel is marked Pontiac only, not MI. The seller said it was made in MI. Have no idea if he really knows or not.

Latest posts

Back