• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun-maker's Vise

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure some guys with a heap more experience than me will "chip in". I bought some "German" chisels from TOTW and I bought Pfeil gouges online from a place called Chipping Away. Been happy with both. Best advice I received was from a very experienced builder on this forum... get (and keep) your tools scary sharp.

I just pulled the trigger on the Grizz. What carving tools do you guys use? I've been looking at different types but not sure what would be best for me. I'll mainly be finishing kits, some inletting, and later on hopefully some carving.

I came awfully close myself, but after shipping and tax, I backed off. Not saying it isn't worth the money. Grizzly charges freight on the amount of dollars the item cost, instead of weight.

Yeah, I came close to pulling the plug when they totaled it up, but I was already there so I figured what the hell. The sale price didn't make much difference in the long run.

I came awfully close myself, but after shipping and tax, I backed off. Not saying it isn't worth the money. Grizzly charges freight on the amount of dollars the item cost, instead of weight.

I hear ya on that, but waiting for it to go cheaper it may not, with all the shipping delays may not go in stock for awhile, and the same looking vice or same (just a different color) from the other business is around $155 or so right now (not including their shipping and tax added), sooooo I figured might as well. Searching the web I didn't find them any cheaper. Have been wanting one for awhile even before I bought Kibler kit as my current heavy bench vice has its limitations.

I hear ya on that, but waiting for it to go cheaper it may not, with all the shipping delays may not go in stock for awhile, and the same looking vice or same (just a different color) from the other business is around $155 or so right now (not including their shipping and tax added), sooooo I figured might as well. Searching the web I didn't find them any cheaper. Have been wanting one for awhile even before I bought Kibler kit as my current heavy bench vice has its limitations.

I am with ya. They are "not" going to get cheaper, don't blame anyone for ordering one at the price. I fabricated a vise thirty years ago that has served me well, but the new factory vise does have its appeal. You will enjoy the purchase and will have no regrets. Bet you are anxious to get it.

Received Grizz vice today. Very impressed with quality and craftsmanship, seeing it in person, well the picture doesn't even come close. See it's made in Taiwan, which is not a slam (better than Commie China), but with all the failure of Wash DC to alleviate things at the ports and all of the other BS that isn't being done to fix a possible rigged transportation problem in the US, Grizzly may find itself out of stock and in a slow restock situation. Figured get while the gettin is possible. Just sayin.

On sale today only.
Grizzly $119.95
Use the 5% off coupon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-121248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211211-121248_Chrome.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 21
Back