• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gun Browning Solution

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a short note about a good product.
I was low on browning solution, so I put in an order with Track of the Wolf.
They sent me this product called Mark Lee Express Brown #2. NOT pleased! They always sent Laurel Mountain before, and it worked great. I even used Casey's Nut Brown with good success.
I tried this Mark Lee stuff on a scrap piece of barrel, and it came out ok.
So I applied this Mark Lee browning solution to my Jaeger rifle that I have been building for some time. First coat came out a soft and even light brown, second coat even better.
I would still use Laurel Mountain, but Mark Lee brown is easier and more constant.
To get an even browning, I used a propane torch to heat up the barrel as I applied the browning solution, which I did with other browning solutions.
Fred

I'm a bit confused.

You say the Mark Lee browning solution is easier and more consistent but you say you are "NOT pleased"?

Do you like the Mark Lee Express Brown #2 or do you not like it? :confused:

Hi,
I was not pleased that I did not get the Laurel Mountain browning solution, BUT very pleased after I tried the Mark Lee browning solution.
Easy to apply and great results.
I would buy the Mark Lee browning solution any time, every time.
Fred

Did you specify Laurel Mountain Forge browning solution when you called or did you just ask them to send you some browning solution?
This item is cataloged as LMF BROWN $10.99, when I place a phone order I give them the catalog identifier for each item. Haven't had a problem yet.

On the recommendation of another forum member, I tried the Mark Lee solution ”¦ it worked really well for me, and i'll be using it again - I really like the color!

just one guy's opinion - free and well worth the price :)

Hello again,
Please understand, I am not finding fault with Track of the Wolf, on the contrary, I posted this comment, only to say how good the Mark Lee browning is, and would gladly buy it again.
Track of the Wolf is great, I love dealing with them, no complaints at all.
I highly recommend Mark Lee browning solution.
Fred ( Old FORD )

Latest posts

Back