• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gulf Coast

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenhulme

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ken Hulme here, in Fort Myers, FL. I live aboard a 26 ft sailboat and cruise the islands when the whim takes me. Probably the only person you know who may have to use a muzzleloader to repel real pirates!

As my Login indicates, I'm a fan of underhammers and buggy rifles (pistol with detached shoulder stock) in particular, from the 1825-1865 period.

I've was heavily involved in muzzlestuffing back in the early-mid 70s, then got away from it for a while. Recently took things back up again.

Other interests include building and playing mountain dulcimers, researching and writing historical fiction (post-CW to 1880), and the fiction of Robert Macomber, Terry Pratchett, and many others.

:grin: Welcome back. If you check the forum you'll find several threads on underhammers. I have one from Blue Grouse myself. Great target gun with a .36 Rice barrel attached. Maybe you should look into the blunderbuss threads, could be helpful against pirates. :haha: :idunno: :thumbsup:

As an anti-pirate piece, I'm thinking of building a 12 ga, or thereabouts, UH pistol using the Cooper style lock -- an L shaped trigger and a long flat mainspring like this:
CooperCopy.jpg

or a carbine version of the UH Yooper Assault Rifle:
post-30-57950-YAR1.jpg

:youcrazy: Wow, up close a 12ga. boot pistol like that with a load of 0 buck would certainly do the job. Keep us informed when you get around to building it. :hatsoff:

Welcome to the Forum, lots of great people here and it sounds like you have a lot to share.

Latest posts

Back