• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Guides for traditional muzzle loading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryinhard

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a guide in any of the Western states that take traditional muzzle loaders? Been wanting to do an antelope hunt but can't find a guide. Thanks in advance!

Antelope season is over here in Texas for this year. I only guide traditional muzzleloader hunters and any type of archery hunters in Texas for all native and introduced species. We specialize in a set-up where we get as close as possible and work for success with the implement(s) you want to use. If you are interested in Colorado, Terry Frye at Buck and Duck in Rye, CO is very good and patient with close range hunts and I recommend him.

Does anyone know of a guide in any of the Western states that take traditional muzzle loaders? Been wanting to do an antelope hunt but can't find a guide. Thanks in advance!

You need a unit more then a guide unless you are looking to make it into the record book. Do you have points in Colorado? Utah? Wyoming? I could take you out in Colorado if you had the points to get in the units I know. Herb Knows Diamond peak over in Utah and I have hunted Wyoming twice up near Kemmerer Wy. Like I said you need a tag in a good unit, a good GPS you know how to use and a chip for the GPS, head out early so you have two days to scout, then it is just miles and miles of spot and stock.

If you have the points for Colorado PM me, I'm NOT a Guide & Co. is vary strict about "Guiding" for compensation of any kind, but I do like that country up in 3, 301 and would be happy to run with you for a few days for free while you get the lay of the land (if we can work out timing)

Anybody seen Green Mountain Boy lately?

Didn't he do some guiding?

I miss his posts.

Back