• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grizzly Adams

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1978, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Saturday evening, in front of that tv that I actually had to walk up to and put my hand on a dial to change the channel, being careful not to disturb the "rabbit ears" on top. That and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Standing at the TV changing the channels while my dad decided what we would watch was one of my jobs as a kid. There were only a few channels but it seemed to take forever to go through them since one or two were always on a commercial break.

Watching Marlin Perkins send Jim out to wrestle/capture animals was another one of my favorites too. :thumb:

Standing at the TV changing the channels while my dad decided what we would watch was one of my jobs as a kid. There were only a few channels but it seemed to take forever to go through them since one or two were always on a commercial break.

Watching Marlin Perkins send Jim out to wrestle/capture animals was another one of my favorites too. :thumb:
I remember those days of changing those channels. When I was about 13 we got our first TV with a remote. The remote just had one switch on top and you pushed it forward to change to the next channel. Found out you could also jiggle keys and it would change.

Was also a big fan of the Marlin Perkins show. Once, when I was somewhere between 5 and 8 Jim made his own documentary about his exploits with wild animals and went on tour with it. The Davy Crockett theater in Lawrenceburg, TN (my original home town) was on the tour so my Pop took me to see it. We actually got to talk to Jim for a while after the show and he gave me a signed 8x10 of him wresting an anaconda or something like that. As a kid I thought he was the coolest guy I ever talked to. Super nice dude.

I have to be in the exceptions here...I was mid teens when Grizzly Adams was on, and I hated the show. I wasnt much of a TV watcher anyway, but I knew enough about mountain men to know he sure as heck wasnt one. I dont remember them ever shooting their guns or doing any actual hunting. The real Grizzly Adams was a California market hunter. He kept bears to show and sell.

speaking of TV's....My wife had an uncle who wouldn't watch the 1969 moon landing; "I didn't buy a damn color TV to watch black & white."....

I saw a few episodes way back, seemed innocent enough....days long gone for sure.

Back