• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grizzly Adams

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stumbled across this Grizzly Adams box set recently. I used to enjoy this show when I was a kid in the '70s. I just started watching it and I'm only a few episodes in. Yes, its a little goofy, but it brings back a lot of memories.
Grizzly Adams and Cattail Maze 002.JPG

Grizzly Adams and Cattail Maze 005.JPG

This show along with others (like the mini-series Centennial) helped build my interest in mountain men and muzzleloaders when I was young.
Grizzly Adams and Cattail Maze 007.JPG

Grizzly Adams and Cattail Maze 012.JPG

Denver Pyle was a great addition to the show.
Grizzly Adams and Cattail Maze 013.JPG

Who can forget the theme song by Thom Pace?

Anybody know about the rifle over his shoulder in the third picture? There is one exactly like it hanging over the door in the back room of the local hardware store here in town. Been meaning to ask them about it.

I wasn't what you'd call a regular watcher. I've seen bits and pieces.Did they use their firearms fairly regularly and on who or what?

I stumbled across this Grizzly Adams box set recently. I used to enjoy this show when I was a kid in the '70s. I just started watching it and I'm only a few episodes in. Yes, its a little goofy, but it brings back a lot of memories.
View attachment 172833

View attachment 172834

This show along with others (like the mini-series Centennial) helped build my interest in mountain men and muzzleloaders when I was young.
View attachment 172835

View attachment 172836

View attachment 172837

In 1978, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Saturday evening, in front of that tv that I actually had to walk up to and put my hand on a dial to change the channel, being careful not to disturb the "rabbit ears" on top. That and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Anybody know about the rifle over his shoulder in the third picture? There is one exactly like it hanging over the door in the back room of the local hardware store here in town. Been meaning to ask them about it.
Interesting what ever it is, its left handed and the other pic shows a right handed rifle. I will S.W.A.G its a knock off of a C.V.A. type hawken.

Interesting what ever it is, its left handed and the other pic shows a right handed rifle. I will S.W.A.G its a knock off of a C.V.A. type hawken.
If I'm not mistaken the one hanging at the hardware store is left handed. Next time I'm there I will take a picture of it. Then probably try to talk them out of it even though I'm not left handed...

View attachment 172833

View attachment 172834

View attachment 172835

View attachment 172836

View attachment 172837

Grizzly Adams was a good watch. Liked Denver Pyle and Dan Haggerty. The bear, 'Ben wasn't half bad either. Had a friend that watched too. Decided to follow the 'mountain man' life. Me, I enjoyed my creature comforts, like air conditioning and clean running water too much to go full on mountain man.

Latest posts

Back