• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

GrFt powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using Graf's house brand for years, initially made by Wano and until recently, by GOEX. No problems with either, but truth to tell, I like the GOEX a bit better. Btw, the original Elephant BP was dirty and slow, but its replacement, Diamondback, is much, much better even though it's made in the same plant as Elephant was. In fact, I prefer it to the other two brands, but it is now almost impossible to get.

Been useing grafs by wano and goex for a long time, great people. The wano is a bit dirtier than goex but shoots well and the prices are pretty good.
coupe

I've been using Graf's house brand for years, initially made by Wano and until recently, by GOEX. No problems with either, but truth to tell, I like the GOEX a bit better. Btw, the original Elephant BP was dirty and slow, but its replacement, Diamondback, is much, much better even though it's made in the same plant as Elephant was. In fact, I prefer it to the other two brands, but it is now almost impossible to get.
I think Diomond back is no longer in business
I do mix my elephant 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup go, and I can’t tell it from all go.
But…. I swab between shots and don’t let the sun set on a dirty gun

Got a cabinet full of most brands and granulations. Graf's house brand for target shooting or just for fun. No problems, but Wano is a little dirtier after the shot. Goex for hunting. Everything else in the cabinet was bought when it went on sale because...hey, why not?
1.5f is really interesting in a 54 and up. Tried it after Herb gave it praise on here a year or two ago.

Not too bad and good for the "general purpose" ( ;) )...
The brand Graf and Son BP is a German powder (like Wano), it's, a bit "greasy" in the sense that powder makes a bit more fouling than the Swiss and French...
I think that it is Manufactured for Graf & Sons by Wano Schwarzpulver GmbH and may be imported by Schuetzen Powder (to be confirmed for the USA)...
This is not bad stuff and mostly the price could be a factor of difference, for the rest that powder will work fine...

where can I get Diamondback? is it a fairly new BP? I have never even heard of it before. any Picts of a can of it?

where can I get Diamondback? is it a fairly new BP? I have never even heard of it before. any Picts of a can of it?
Last of it I used I was using it in shotguns for cowboy action. That was about 12-15 years ago. I might have some left, I don't know. I started out with 10lbs, might be some left. It seems Diamond back showed up about the time Olyphont was gone.

I used to buy DB from Addicted to Blackpowder, but I'm not sure he still stocks it. Indeed, I don't know whether he's still in business.

waksupi, I think you have it reversed: Schuetzen BP was made by Wano.

I purchased ten pounds of it this past summer. I think that the total cost per can came out to around $18. At the time there wasn't a whole lot of powder to be had and what was was around was minimum $30 a can.
The label says imported by Schuetzen powder, manufactured by
Wano. So who knows which accual powder it is. As long as it shoots I'm happy. I haven't used any of it yet, I purchased five pounds of Goex a week before the dreaded Goex announcement and still have about a horn full left.

Attachments

• 20221130_154951.jpg
    20221130_154951.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last of it I used I was using it in shotguns for cowboy action. That was about 12-15 years ago. I might have some left, I don't know. I started out with 10lbs, might be some left. It seems Diamond back showed up about the time Olyphont was gone.
so it may have been left over powder that was repackeged under the new name?

Back