• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Grey Star Industies 1/3 scale 6 pounder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The got enough room there to let fly a few bowling balls? I could keep the range to around 300 to 400 yards by cutting back on the powder charge. It will probably be a while befor the canon is ready to shoot, to much backlog of work.

Oh yes they have plenty of room for a mortar shoot no problem., behind the Evergreen Rifle Club is miles upon miles of no other roads and just Capital Forest. Actually they have 100.,200.,300.,400.,500 set up for it ! :thumbsup:

Grey Star Industies 1/3 scale 6 pounder

I was looking at one of these until I saw on another site that the barrel liner is seamed tubing. This is a no no for canon barrels. For an extra $100 they will make it with seam-less tubing, which almost doubles the price of the barrel.
Old Charlie

I don't know what the icon means. Did you go the extra money for the seamless barrel or the $185 one in the catalog? I see you are fireing it with no problems.
Old Charlie

Charlie I went with the 185.00 barrel. I talked to the maker quite a bit. I have 11 cannons in total. 1 Bronze., 1 Stainless., and the rest cast iron over a liner. I have never had any problems ever in 15 years. The cannons look as good today as ever. When I clean a barrel I inspect it (You kind of have to to clean it well) then I oil it for storage.

For example a Stainless set of tracks for a tank might provide better tracks. But dollar for dollar on the ride.,its a bit over kill for no reason. Unless you want that tank to last 4 or 5 lifetimes.

Most of these cast over a liner cannons were poured so hot the cast Iron is literally married to the liner. Perhaps one came loose., but if so., a DOM would have to., thats about heat during manufacture.I believe this is a good thing. I have read some posts about taking out a liner and replacing it. I dont think theres alotta guys out there that are going to help me replace my liners in my Hern 3" Ordinance rifles. As a matter of fact I dont think those liners are ever coming out., they are married to those guns. Someone would need a 10ft lathe bed. I have heard stories about the black powders caustic effects eating away at the liners seam ., And it makes me laugh to be honest.

Charlie.,I own and operate a Rooter Service and have for 23 years. Sulphuric acid ., draino ., water itself., are ALL more destructive than the caustic effects of black powder eating away at me welded seam. I am sort of a pipe expert myself you might say.

Sometimes you cant believe everything you read.

I am not a believer in the theory., "A DOM liner is THEE only pipe you can use , anything else is a no-no".

I believe its a bit over kill and if some club or organisation says you have to have it to compete with them fine. Its there deal., but it isnt mine. I have had no problems and have looaded my cannons to the hilt. I dont participate in sanctioned events., I dont like rules.
After using Hern Cannons and Grey Star Industry Cannons I believe in them whole heartledly.

If your looking at them .,it may be you want one. Dont let someones post scare you away from a nice cannon and a lotta fun.

Charlie.,currently I am doing a build-up on another 1" bore cannon . This one has no-liner . It is a solid piece of 3" round stock machined on a lathe from Kansas Cannon Works Now this is also an affordable little barrel , he does 1/3 and 1/4 scale stuff and they also make a BIG bang. I am doing a 20" Napoleon. I will post a few pictures of it after I complete it. and its for sale after its built. I am gettin to many according to my wife *Sigh* .

These are a really good looking gun with a gun barrel blued finish. Check'em out :thumbsup:

HarborMaster...I have a couple of Kansas Cannon Works guns and they are very well made (in my opinion). I don't recall the complete name of the head of Kansas Cannon Works but his first name is Bill. A real nice guy and most accommodating. He usually brings a bunch of his cannon to the big Wanenmacher Tulsa Gun Show in the Spring and Fall. Just as information. Blaster (Bob in So. CO) :grin:

Back