• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings to ya’ll from thawing Alaska…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from the Biggest State in the Contiguous US! 🤠
However, we acknowledge that Alaska has a few more square miles, although they might be all tundra! 🐧☃️
How do you shoot your black powder? Where do you shoot it?
We certainly want to see photos of your guns and your shooting range, and whatever outdoor photos you want to include.
And what good stories do you have? I doubt if most of us will ever make it that far North, so tell us about living in Alaska!

It the moment I am shooting a Lyman Greats Plains rifle in 50 cal. *Twisted for conicals.

I just replaced, the rear buckhorn sight with a Lyman peep, and need some more range time to sight it in.

I’m on the Kenai Peninsula…and shoot at the Snowshoe Gun Club.

I’ve never been hunting with it yet, but have several blackies near by…and plan to taken it out in another week.

If you are a hunter, you would love Alaska. My wife and I moved here from Louisiana 43 years ago.

What’s the hunting like on your neck of the woods?

Attachments

• 02FAD94B-8C7F-4746-98CE-C9A03A2E8DD2.jpeg
    02FAD94B-8C7F-4746-98CE-C9A03A2E8DD2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
What’s the hunting like on your neck of the woods?
Most folks hunt white tail deer down here.
There aren't many other animals left here. A few big cats are scattered around, but they're rare. I heard that bears are returning to Big Bend from Mexico, but you can't hunt in the park.
Lots of prey coming across the border, too, but we get into trouble when we shoot them. :dunno:

New Member here…NRA Life Member, hunter, shooter, wood worker, bullet caster, and gardener…if the ground will ever thaw…with a deep belief in our Creator God!
Aw, come on. You’re pulling our leg. Nobody lives up there! It’s all polar bears and shrinking ice caps! A sure way to die!
Welcome to the forum! Don’t know how y’all survive the kind of cold you have.
So, what ya shootin’ muzzle loader wise?
-Red, hoping his joke went over well…

Back