• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Wyoming!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Northwest Florida, was up in Cheyenne a couple years ago and loved it. Toured the Fossil building at the college and loved the Big Boy locomotive at the park.
Welcome to the forum!
TY! Got gators?! I am up here on the north end of the state, a great place to visit is the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody Arms Museum. Lots of good goodies in there! Museums - Buffalo Bill Center of the West

Saw the museum on our visit and I really liked seeing the stagecoaches.

We have gators and they sometimes even show up on the beaches which makes them much more dangerous than the man of war jellyfish and sharks. I have no interest in floating down the blackwater river as it enters the bay the gators congregate and wait for a quick meal. They also jump up on the docks and you can't get by them.

We typically have killings several times a week in Pensacola with real shootouts in the streets and intersections. The Naval Air Station Pensacola has a terrific museum like the Smithsonian but it has been off limits to everyone since the terrorist attack which killed at least one I forget. It happened years ago and it can probably be read up on via internet.

We just went constitutional carry in this state without a permit but cannot open carry yet.

It was a rough Summer with weeks of heat indexes over 115 and little to no rain. I have never experienced so many days 98 plus degrees with 99 percent humidity. Going to the beach was restricted to sunrise to about 10am and we never used the boat all year.

Tens of thousands are moving to Florida it seems like every week and a home that sold last year for 170 thousand just sold for 400K.

The swamps around us are being drained and massive housing developments are being built in just a few months. The old huge oak that I got to see in the swamp is now gone and the swamp has been drained using cement pipes big enough to walk through.

Formosan termites showed up for the first time 4 feet away from our home. It's near 2000 a year for termite, 6000 for home insurance if they will even sell it to you, and with all the new schools taxes rival up North now. A new shingle job on a one story 1200 square foot home is $9000 if it meets present code, if not, double it.

We have awesome roads and the cops usually don't pull you over unless you are in the way of them getting to the donut shop when the sign is flashing (which means donuts just done and hot). So school zones are 45 or faster, 55 means 70 on local roads, 20 through developments means please don't roll over in my yard.

It's 7.50 for a dozen eggs, the painted white ones that say Large on the package and you get two large, one is cracked and the rest are small. The old people know to stand in the cooler doorway and open boxes of eggs to swap out until they get a full one of large and unbroken. $5.48 for butter, 1 pound of deli chicken yesterday was $17 and the clerk nearly choked when he saw the printed label come out.

I stopped to get a quart of latex exterior paint to touch up trim outside and it was $24.

I have quit going to auto mechanics, work went for $200, to $500, to $1200 in less than a year so it was back to the jackstands for me.

37 degrees this morning at sunup and it's 54 at 950. I won't go out until it hits 60 as my flip flops are too stiff.

Birthday at the beach this afternoon with lunch, probably clean some guns before then and watch GRIT westerns on TV.

Wish we had trains to watch like you do up there.

We've lost a bunch of others beside your folks, Travis Bennett and AJ White among the more notable.
Both good friends of mine. AJ lived 2 blocks from me. Learned more from them than I can even remember. AJ and I and a couple other friends started the first Hunter Safety in Shoshoni. Literally tore my heart out when they passed. Both giants in muzzleloading in not only Wy but nationwide.

Latest posts

Back