• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from the Rockies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malamute

40 Cal
Reaction score
I kept finding information I sought here when searching, so figured this is the place to be for muzzle loading information.

Ive had and hunted some with muzzle loaders sporadically since the mid 70s, and recently the interest has been drawing me in again. The history being one major part, and the mechanical simplicity another. The history of the Rockies and American west through the late 1800s has always been strong draws for me. Ive followed some offbeat paths related to the historical interest, like living in a tipi off and on a couple years, living in various log cabins, some that I built, for most of the past 30-some years.

Hope I can contribute some as well as learn while here.

Home

IMG_2283 Home.JPG

Mine was an RK, 3 pole type 16 ft. A friend used to set up at friendship, he had health issues as he aged and sold me the lodge. It was interesting getting it from the midwest to Az when all I had was a motorcycle at the time.

I later sold it but really would like to get another. They are absolutely awesome all year tents. At around zero deg outside I was shirt sleeves comfortable inside with a good fire going.

This was my place near Flagstaff in the mid 80s

tipi 1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome from the rain-forest of Vancouver Island.

Ah, do you know Misanthopist? (pistol-forum) (joke)

Beautiful cabin you have there. Welcome and enjoy your time here

Thanks! Ive built and sold several, I managed to hold onto this one.

Cabins always seem comfortable to me.

IMG_1732.jpg

Last edited:
Back