• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy RB from nearby Ft. Worth! Welcome aboard brother! :hatsoff:

Davy

Welcome Aboard Roaring Bull!

:hatsoff:

You're right down 342 from me, in Lancaster.

Marc

Another one from Tex? how many is that this week about 4 or 5 or more, Hi welome on here, Im out of Tyler and you'll find a bunch of us on here. Fred :hatsoff:

RoaringBull,
Welcome to the MLF! See you are making the
rounds and that is great...Visit and contribute
often.No such thing as receiving too much
information. Having too much fun,too much money,
or a car too fast.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Well, where do all you local Texas boys shoot? I've been looking for a place that won't cost me my firstborn ( a son no less) for us to shoot these smokepoles and can't find anything.

Welcome aboard. Arlington, TX here. Don't know about the other guys in the DFW area but I go out to Alpine range south of Fort Worth. Best time on weekends is sunup to about 11:00 am before the crowd and crazies show up. Range fee is $7.95, as many guns as you want as long as you want. They have a one hour rule but have never seen them enforce it.

You may see us out there one weekend then. I was also thinking of trying Garland Shooting Range.

welcome RoaringBull. I'm from Fort Worth. Coming up from W. (can't spell it) I think Alpine would be a lot closer than Garland. Alpine is south of I20. If you want, PM me for directions. I hope to be there Sat if I can get a kitchen pass. Dillohide won't cause he's goin' fishin'. No accounting for taste.
Anyway, this is a great foum with guys who know what they're doing and will share.
Steve

Can't make it this month on Sat or Sun unfortunately. I am booked solid with church an work. Maybe next month. Have you heard of the Comanche Peak Muzzleloaders? I know they have a camp in Glenn Rose and meet monthly. I been thinking about meeting wth them as well. They have a Yahoo group page. :thumbsup:

RoaringBull said:
slt1691 said:
Coming up from W. (can't spell it)

Most of us here just write Waxa, for short. :v
Or "Hachie"

I remember I used to call it "Waxy Hatchet" in jest nearly 30 years ago.

Marc

...man! that just made me feel old! I mean more mature.

("Never say Old to an old ,er, I mean mature person") :grin:

Back