• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from Sweden.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anders L

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello!

This is my first post on this forum and I´m very glad that I have found a good muzzloloading forum that also takes interest in reenactment and antique weapons.

My name is Anders and I live in a town in Sweden called Norrköping. I work as a museumteacher at the city museum of Norrköping. I got a big interest in historical material culture and collect many kinds of things, like antique firearms. I´m also involved in a couple of reenactment societies, one company Albrechts bössor portray a late 14th C military company with handgonnes (www.albrechts.se). Other periods that I´m into is early 18th C as a civilian hunter and early 19th C farmer culture.

When it comes to reenactment I try to keep a high standard with clothing and equipment and I produce almost every bit myself handsewing, blacksmithing and sofort.

I also keep a modest collection of antique guns which also try to shoot with. Since I only work part time I cant afford the expensive stuff, Im 26 years old and have to maintain my house, dogs, wife....and stuff. But I only buy pre-1890 guns since I dont need license to keep them.

All in all I have:
-A swedish flintlock hunting rifle ca 1750
-Unknown european hunting flintlock rifle late 18th C
-Side by side belgian shotgun ca 1850
-Swedish early 19th C huntingrifle converted to percussion lock and fitted with a smoothbored swedish made license-made remington rolling block barrel (totally wierd, yes :hmm: )

I used to have a late 18th C brown bess and a M/1777 charleville musket fitted with a russian Tula flintlock. I traded them away since I dont collect military muskets.

If you want to please visit my blog www.kurage.wordpress.com
Its in swedish but can be translated through translators. Here you can read plenty of articles about reenactment, historical handcrafts and material culture. Lots of pics to! :grin:

That´s me with a the Charleville musket that has moved to russia by now.
img_9904.jpg

Welcome to the Forum. I am a geography afficianado thus I had to Google Map your location. It seems to be a beautiful place especially this time of year with the snow.

Out of curiosity, can you hunt game with muzzleloaders in Sweden?Thank you for your reply.

Welcome!
You not only found a good muzzleloader forum, you found the BEST!
Glad to have you with us! :v

Well, yes its very beutiful. Its very nice during the summer as well.

Its illegal to hunt with muzzleloaders and blackpowder weapons. Crossbows as well (legal in finland).

Welcome! My great-grandmother was from Sweden. I can't remember where, I'll have to look it up.

Welcome to the camp. Sweden is a beautiful country. My oldest daughter spent a year there as an exchange student. I hope one day to go there myself. Until then I have to be content with staying where I can aford to travel. :bow:

Be sure to look up where she came from and then I can direct you to some webpages on her birthplace.

It´s not just a beautiful country, we also have some great collections of weapons like Skokloster slott where hundreds of wheellock and flintlock rifles and guns hangs in pairs since the 18th C.
27.jpg

Hello Anders
Welcome to this great Forum !
After long time of beeing in the darkness of Germany`s mindless traditional Muzzeloading ..
i found here a blaze if light for all what can be possibile in this great hobby
enjoy it :wink:

For my next trip to Sweden i will not miss to have a stop at Norrkoeping !

kind regards
Klaus

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here.
So have a seat fill up yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Klaus, you are the only european I´ve seen so far on this forum :grin:
We got a small but good collection of firearms here at my work in Norrköping. They are hiding in the archive vault, not on display at all. But serious researchers are perhaps welcome.

Hi Anders,
that sounds very interresting ...

No, i`am not the only european here, a lot of foreign Muzzeloader bustle here in this Forum

regards
Klaus

Latest posts

Back