• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from South Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green-Shanks

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello all!

I shot my first Blackpowder .36 Navy In 1965, and very little since then. I Built a CVA .45 Kentucky rifle kit and later bought an 1853 Enfield which I gave to a reenactor. I bought an 1858 New Army .44 in 1991 from Cabela's. At the same time I bought a .36 Navy Colt Signature series. For years I shot Bullseye competition, and now have launced into Black powder in a big way. I have a 5.5 inch bbl 1858 New Army .44, A sheriff's model 1858 .36 with a 61/2 in bbl, an 1851 Navy in .44, all Pietta's. I have a Uberti 1851 Navy with the square trigger guard and a Uberti 1861 Navy. To add to it I have a Lyman Great Plains .50 Rifle kit. I love my Smith 625 and my 1911 A1 and my competition Smith 686, as well as my SA Armies, but nothing has the allure quite like Black Powder.

I am glad to be a member of this forum!!

PS. I also have gotten pretty good with my Howard Hill Longbows and my 7 year old son an I are learning slingshots or "flips" as I used to call them.

Barry Green-Burns

Welcome aboard. You will enjoy this site as there is alot of nice and helpful people here! I see by your list we'll have to help you along with a flint lock rifle. :thumbsup:

Wellcome pard, its a good day to smoke some powder. :thumbsup: . Boomm.

Welcome. I had more than my share of slingshots. It is good to know some people remember those things. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the MLF Barry! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks on the site. Glad you found us and contribute when you can.

Welcome Barry; it's good that you are introducing your young son to some aspects of the shooting sports. Hopefully he will continue on.

Back