• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from San Antonio, Texas area - the edge of the Hill Country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings from San Antonio, Texas area. Ended up here in retirement to be close to grandkids after a 28-year Navy career, and over 25 years post-military in the work force. Looking to thin out my closet, and scouting for values on a couple of percussion pieces that were passed down to me. Grew up in the mountains of Northern California way back when it was still a good place to be.

Welcome aboard from New England!

216020-Welcome-Aboard.jpeg

Welcome from The Woodlands!
Lots of good info available here from really experienced folks.
Folks will be glad to offer opinions on the rifles you have, just post photos, including the lock, stock, and barrel. (That would make a good old saying!)
San Antone is a great city! The Mexican food is so good that you'll soon understand why so many older folks are a bit rotund! Good beans and fresh tortillas can make a meal!

Welcome from NC. Done a little Deer Hunting in your area several years back. My late Father lived out there, now at Fort Sam forever. Come on to the East for a shoot or two.

Greetings from San Antonio, Texas area. Ended up here in retirement to be close to grandkids after a 28-year Navy career, and over 25 years post-military in the work force. Looking to thin out my closet, and scouting for values on a couple of percussion pieces that were passed down to me. Grew up in the mountains of Northern California way back when it was still a good place to be.
Also in the San Antonio area! Where do you go to shoot?

Back