• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Rochester NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkytfl

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, all. I live in Western NY (Rochester). Started collecting BPCRs three years ago.
Bought my first Muzzleloader a year ago because I couldn't find primers but found a few tins of caps. It's a Spanish "Monarch" Hawken-ish 50 that cost a whole $120, and then I learned that all the accessories cost more than that. Liked it so much that I haven't bought a cartridge rifle since.
Followed it up with a custom 40 that I have no history info about other than "Vernon Dellinger, Parkersburg WVA" stamped on the side, I think he may have been a machinist because the lock, breech, and trigger are all custom with machining swirls.
Third was a Euroarms 1853 that turned out to have a curved barrel so I might have to sell to a reenactor.
Got my first flint a week ago because I haven't seen caps in forever, maybe some of you saw it on gunbroker, a 40 made by DK Lisle, looks like it was probably a Track Bucks County kit, but a great assembly job.
It should be nice to talk to traditional shooters on here. Haven't seen a single person at the range shooting anything but an inline in the last three years, so hopefully I can find some through here.

Attachments

• DKLisle1.jpg
    DKLisle1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • muzzleloaders-2022-04-001.jpg
    muzzleloaders-2022-04-001.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 0
Got my first flint a week ago because I haven't seen caps in forever, maybe some of you saw it on gunbroker, a 40 made by DK Lisle, looks like it was probably a Track Bucks County kit, but a great assembly job.
Welcome from Lost Prairie, Arkansas!!

I watched that rifle sell. Great price! Bluehorse always has quality pieces!

Hello. I'm out by Canandaigua.
I used to shoot at the range there when I lived in Macedon, but now I'm back in Gates and go to Four Point. I'm vaguely aware of a group doing primitive camping a couple towns over, but don't know if they do any shooting.

I watched that rifle sell. Great price! Bluehorse always has quality pieces!
He also did a heck of a job packaging it. Took me almost half an hour to open! I was surprised nobody else bid. Maybe because it's not a popular caliber, or people prefer the traditional violin color, or because most shooters are panicking to spend their money on "unmentionables" while they still can.

Back