• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from North Carolina. I've recently been drawn to black powder revolvers. Looking for venues in the Charlotte area.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etaylor33

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have an interest in Black Powder revolvers. I have watched videos on YouTube and joined a couple of forums on FaceBook. These have helped me gain some knowledge of the field. However I think to gain a real grasp on the subject would be to have live, real life interaction with others with the same interest. I have yet to purchase any of the materials of this sport/hobby, because there seems to be such a limited outlet to pursue this interest. So, I look to forums, online, such as this, to see if there is any venue in my area to pursue this to a physical reality. So, Greetings to all who are afflicted with the same interest.

Welcome from Johnston County, NC. There are a pile of knowledgeable people on here and in the state. @D. Buck Stopshere is the Grand Poobah of all things muzzleloading here in NC. There are several clubs scattered about, an NMLRA Territorial, and a state organization which holds a competition in September.

Where abouts are you located?

RM

Welcome!

I'm a little North of you in Chapel Hill. I shoot a Pedersoli 1858 in the N-SSA. Lots and lots of hands on info there. The Carolina Region of the N-SSA has a number of shoots in Statesville, just a stones throw from Charlotte. Check out the Carolina Region website and reach out to a couple of the Company Commanders. I can't say I know all of them, but I've shared the line at the Nationals with the 23rd NC and they are are low pressure fun group. There is a lot to learn about the 1858, but once you get it dialed in it shoots as well or better than any modern firearm. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Ed

Something for you to consider is the Asheville Rifle and Pistol Club Shooting range in Buncombe County, North Carolina. I haven't been in touch there in several years, but they used to shoot bp matches. Just south of Asheville on 191.​

Address: 100 Sandy Spring Drive, Arden, NC 28704

Phone: (828) 684-1013

Welcome from Cumberland County/Fort Bragg area.

Check out the Yadkin Valley Long Rifles, whose range is in the Union Grove area just north of you. They are one of the oldest clubs in the Tarheel State. They shoot on the third Saturday each month.

Contact Greg Williams at: [email protected] .

You can also check out the Yadkin Valley Rangers, another Charter Club. Instead of hosting muzzleloading shooting matches, they are an instruction/schooling organization. Educating the public, and teaching Range Safety Officers is their forte.

If you can make it to the Dixie Gun & Knife Show held at the NC Fairgrounds in Raleigh, four times a year, I have an assortment of muzzleloaders for sale.

Welcome again!

Back