• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Edmonton, Alberta!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just getting back into Black powder shooting and realize how much I missed this! My wife and I both have Hawken TC rifles, hers is a .50, mine is a .54. We both need to work up loads for our beauties.

From southern Alberta? I spent loads of time down there at CFB Suffield, Medicine hat and Lethbridge. My wife and I toured the pincher creek area to the Milk River writing on stone provincial park in 2015 and love that area! Are you on the albertaoutdoorsmen site as well?

Thank you all for the welcomes! Sorry I couldn't respond before now, I was out with my dog, Trooper, riding the sidecar motorbike for an afternoon. Well, I had planned on going to go out and shoot my Hawken today, but the wind would have made it difficult to work on grouping and testing various loads, but I decided to mount a Vernier tang site on her instead. Now it's waiting for the plastic steel to cure before any white smoke is made. My better half and I will most likely head out tomorrow to play with our toys!

Hey how's it going! Picked the perfect forum for anything to everything to do with BP. (Black Powder Matt
we are doing fantastic! Since I've joined, I promised my step son my .54 cal Renegade and today my wife and I just returned from meeting a fellow who had a PRISTINE .50 cal TC Hawken to trade. I gave him a 12 ga 0/U shotgun.
The .50 had 10 rounds fired through it and had been sitting in his lockup for 15 years. I inspected the bore and the rifling is fantastic. The rifle is like brand new! I'll start a new thread with pics of our rifles.

Back