• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from Colorado!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birddog1911, Are you in Colorado now? Colorado State Muzzle Loading Association has a newsletter with names and locations of state clubs and shoot schedules. If you are in Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Longmont, Ft. Collins ,Loveland) area I can point you to different clubs and ranges.

Welcome. Where in Colorado are you? If it is close enough, check out The Mountain Man in Manitou Springs (1001 Manitou Ave). They may have something in stock.

Yes, I live in CO now. I'll have to check out the association. And yes, I've been in Mountain Man many times, and I see them costing me a lot in the future!

Oh, I said screw it, and got the Dragoon. I'll get the 1860 before long.

Attachments

• 20210911_112827~2.jpg
    20210911_112827~2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 91
I talked to new owner of Mountain Man. Met him years ago at a Western National Rendezvous. The club in Masonville I belong to sells black powder to its members for $18.00 a pound. Compare that to the $31.00 from many commercial shops. Club members can go in on a case of black powder from various suppliers. We like Bear river from Wyoming by Craig Kirkland, relative to Turner who started Dixie Gun Works. Colorado Springs has an active shooting club with lots of good folks, too.

Back