• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Greetings from a newbie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to the forum. Greetings for middle Georgia. I recently joined and have found a lot of good discussion on this board.

I recently purchased a nice .44 flintlock from Track of the Wolf and figured I needed some knowledge on flintlocks. I'm no stranger to black powder having done Civil War re-enacting from 1980 to 2005 with my old .58 Enfield (most fun I ever had with my clothes on).

I've owned and operated a pest control business for 30+ years, hence the moniker.

I'm more of an observer than a poster, so I will see ya'all on the discussion board.

Welcome from marietta. We do a bit of bp shooting in Jasper at our range. Depending on how far you want to drive, would be more than happy for you to come up with us sometime at the next shoot. We have several flintlickgunmakers that shoot with us plus some percussion ones and all are more than happy to help anyone, young and old.

Welcome again.

Welcome to the Forum. :hatsoff: It's good to have you here.

I think you will love your flintlock, and you are in the right place to learn all about it. Don't be shy about asking questions and entering into the discussions.

Richard/Grumpa

Thanks for the invite. I'm in Peachtree City and I found a muzzleloading club in Griffin which I plan on checking out. I was planning on checking out Deer Creek in Marietta, worth the drive?
Gary/Bugman

Ha,yeah carrying around my Navy Arms repro I think lengthened my right arm I believe. I have an original 1853, but never used it in the field.

Absolutely. Been there many times and bought many a muzzleloader from them. 4 generations are there, family owned for 30 plus years. Closed Mondays and open till 1 on Saturday. Close at 6 all the other days. They got everything you might need and will work with you and get you all set up and answer any questions you might have.

Good friendly folks.

Bugman

Mark here I live in Senoia and will sending my application to the Griffin Gun Club next week.
Unfortunatly I work on sundays so getting to the monthly muzzleloading shoots will take some juggeling but I will work it out. I shoot flint locks and have built a couple from scratch. Glad to help any way I can.

Mark (frenchie)

NY Griz -would your first name be Eric? I just became a member - better late than never! I'm looking for wheellock info... I have a pistol on order from Bolek Maciaszczyk in Poland, and am looking to order one from Prof. Gatto in Argentina. Anyone have any comments? So far I have had bad experiences with locks just not functioning as they should - and since I am an avid shooter that is a problem...

I'm replying to my own post. Pathetic. I don't post much, and got so excited I didn't realize until I sent it that the questions should have gone to the appropriate forum... Sorry. Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member!

Back