Greeting from !8th century Mayne

Discussion in 'Share Your Persona' started by Paul C. Daiute, Apr 22, 2012.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Apr 22, 2012 #1

Paul C. Daiute

Paul C. Daiute

Paul C. Daiute

Pilgrim

My name is William Brooks, I have been conscripted into garrison duty to build Fort Western and Fort Hallifax on the Kennebec River in the province of Mayne. The date is june of 1754. I have been a farmer back in Braintree, Mass Bay colony but with the death of my wife, I gave my farm to my oldest son and my tools and some money to my younger son and headed to Mayne. I worked at cod fishing for many years and was a snowshoeman for quite a few years, hunted scalps but got fustrated with the delay in payment from Boston. I am now one of four men who act as boat captains on the four battaue and whaleboat that will be stationed at Fort Western when it is built. I carry a fowling gon that was my father's and it looks much like a French Buckineer. I still carry my horn that I brought to the Louisbough war with me back in 45. I like to hunt the grouse and woodcocks. I sometimes get to hunt with Captain Howard's Setter dog, it is a grand, smart, and loyal creature, much to fine for the likes of me. I also like shooting at marks against anyone who cares to shoot aqainst me. Oh I do have a daughter back in Braintee, who is marrid to another farmer, so I don't worry about her. I look forward to listening and learning from all of you. Willy Brooks

2. Apr 22, 2012 #2

BillinOregon

BillinOregon

BillinOregon

Cannon MLF Supporter

Willy, a most sincere and hearty welcome to a man who has clearly given his place in the muzzleloading/reenacting world much careful thought.
    My people, the Woods, were in Middleboro, Plimoth Colony from the 1630s. And you'll want to scroll down to the "My turkey club" thread in the photos forum to see your namesake!