• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greenwood Longrifles, Brazoria, TEXAS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
March 7th Club Match
Gate will open @7:30ish. Match setup and prep till 9AM.
Bull Aggregate match- 25yd 6-bull with one sighter. 50yd 6-bul and a single (8-ring) bull five shots for score. 100-yard target 7-ring bull five shots for score.
Longrifle’s Hunter’s Aggregate match - All shooters compete at the same level. Off-hand animal at 25 yards (groundhog). The 50 and 100yd. target are shot from any standing rest. A standing bear for the 50yd. target. A buffalo is the traditional 100yd. target.
Slow Fire Pistol Aggregate match- a two relay match, shot in dueling style (one handed). The first is 10 shot at relay is at 25yds, the second is at 50yds. Any black powder hand gun is accepted, from muzzle loading pistol or cap and ball revolver.
25min relays.
Match Fee $10, New Membership $15+ free match (& goodies, remind me!)

Come out and play

The 35th Annual Texas Chunk Gun State Championship 2020
April 3, 4 & 5th at the Greenwood Gun Club, Brazoria, Texas
Sponsored by the Greenwood Longrifles, An NMLRA Charter Club
A Traditional Match for Traditional Rifles

One shot per target is fired from the prone position with a rest @ 48 yds. Scoring is based on the best 10 of 30 targets. Daily plaques are awarded for the best 3 shots of the day. Top 3 places in the match are awarded plaques. This is a Blanket Shoot so all shooters have a choice of a many custom made and commercial prizes. Dinner is provided on Saturday night for contestants and their families.
Registration Fee: One blanket prize (suggested minimum value - $10) plus $40 for 30 targets.
Match schedule:
Friday April 3rd; 12 noon-6 PM, Saturday April 4th; 8 AM – 5 PM, Saturday evening meal served @ 6 PM under the big oak tree.Sunday April 5th; 8 AM – Noon. Awards ceremony @ 1:30 PM Sunday
National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Chunk gun rules will be followed except for number of shots per target (one), relay time (10 minutes), range distance (48yds) and target (custom). Chunks must follow NMLRA Rule 5460.
For information, contact Greenwood Gun Club Black Powder Director– Ken Springs, [email protected],
who will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Cell Phone # (979) 239-8372
For more information, see my article in the March 2020 Muzzle Blast magazine.

The 35th Annual Texas Chunk Gun State Championship 2020
April 3, 4 & 5th at the Greenwood Gun Club, Brazoria, Texas
Sponsored by the Greenwood Longrifles, An NMLRA Charter Club
A Traditional Match for Traditional Rifles

One shot per target is fired from the prone position with a rest @ 48 yds. Scoring is based on the best 10 of 30 targets. Daily plaques are awarded for the best 3 shots of the day. Top 3 places in the match are awarded plaques. This is a Blanket Shoot so all shooters have a choice of a many custom made and commercial prizes. Dinner is provided on Saturday night for contestants and their families.
Registration Fee: One blanket prize (suggested minimum value - $10) plus $40 for 30 targets.
Match schedule:
Friday April 3rd; 12 noon-6 PM, Saturday April 4th; 8 AM – 5 PM, Saturday evening meal served @ 6 PM under the big oak tree.Sunday April 5th; 8 AM – Noon. Awards ceremony @ 1:30 PM Sunday
National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Chunk gun rules will be followed except for number of shots per target (one), relay time (10 minutes), range distance (48yds) and target (custom). Chunks must follow NMLRA Rule 5460.
For information, contact Greenwood Gun Club Black Powder Director– Ken Springs, [email protected],
who will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Cell Phone # (979) 239-8372
For more information, see my article in the March 2020 Muzzle Blast magazine.
35TH ANNUAL TEXAS CHUNK GUN CHAMPIONSHIP CANCELLED!!!
I've been agonizing over this call all day, but Marc and I decided to cancel the Chunk Gun State Championship this year. What finally was the deciding straw? We are getting old, I'm 68 and Marc is 62, and we are the young guys. Schools, Restaurants, athletics are closing down to curb the infection. It appears to be working in the USA, but I fear not in the world. Like I read somewhere "We won't know if we over-reacted, but we will surely face the consequences if we under-react.
Please share this notice.

Back