• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green River Rifle Works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations , I have admired the Green River Rifle Works, rifles from the first time I saw one. If I could find a right handed one like that one caliber and all , I'd be a Happy Camper! DT

Welcome to the club! I'm betting in short order it will become your all time favorite rifle. For good reason. If the barrel is tapered, double bonus points for great handling and pointing.

Very nice, I bet it shoots center. Have you pulled the barrel, any touch marks for who the smith/assemble was? Is it a low serial number? GRRW rifles are the cat's meow as far as I'm concerned.

Sir....this rifle is on the way to me from TOTW. I had ordered another and then saw this one on their site the next day! A buddy who is very 'in the know' on these rifles called me and said..."I'm going to save you some misery!" When I asked him how....he advised "there's a Green River Rifle at TOTW and you send the one back you've ordered and get it!" That's what I've done and the photo of the rifle you've seen is coming to me! I have never had a decent ML rifle but I think this one will be the 'bees knees' so to speak! Ain't my first rodeo with BP as I've been shooting BPCR for the last 25 years but it's going to be a new venture with this rifle! There is a very large whitetail buck in the great state of Kansas....that doesn't know it but there's a .530" PRB headed his way come ML season this year!

Sir...I really don't mind if it's tapered or not as I hate skinny barreled rifles! It stated I think...IIRC that it was straight and that is fine with me! I ain't gonna be climbing the Colorado mountains again! Those days are just precious memories!

Thanks for the reply!

Since you said it was coming from TOW, I checked their site and it's a straight 1" barrel. Should hold really well and not be too heavy. My 58 caliber GRRW Hawken has a 36" barrel and tips the scale at 12# plus a little. In spite of that, the barrel tapering from 1 1/8" at the breech to 1" at the muzzle doesn't feel at all to heavy in the muzzle, even as it puts a dent in my shoulder on long marches.

Once again, congratulations! You're in for a lifetime of pleasure with that great rifle.

To me there aint nothin like the look of a real nice
Hawken. Im not putting down any of the long rifles but i love the Hawken. Congrats. I m sure for a lefty its hard to find one you can really connect with but That is one fine rifle. Al

Man, that's a beautiful rifle. The Hawken has always been my hands down favorite.
That light buckskin colored wood w/tiger stripe sure is handsome though. I'm sure she'll be a tack driver, too purdy not to be! Thanks for the pics.

I was also eyeing that exact rifle on TOTW. They were asking alot more than what I could afford to pay but I know it is worth every penny. It is a very nice muzzleloader and I am sure it will be a tac driver! Enjoy your new rifle. You got a good one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Respectfully, cowboys1062.

The lock is on the right side, it's you who's shooting on the wrong side sir. ha ha ha Great looking rifle.

Back