• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green River Forge NW trade gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a Green River Forge NW trade gun. I know a bit of the history of the builder. Does anyone have any further insight into Frank Straight or the guns in general? I hope to have it in my hands next week and will post a picture when it gets here. I am looking forward to making smoke with it.
LC

I talked to him yesterday. He is a very good guy to talk to. Lots of good information and knowledge. I have no doubts that the gun will get here in good time and condition. Thanks for the good words. Do you have any thought on the size of the flint for this gun? I have been told that 7/8” and 1”..I was hoping to order some French Amber and have by the time the gun gets here. I suppose I can order one of each and then order a dozen of the right one after I figure it out.

I have one of these with a 30 inch barrel purchased from the original owner. Mine is a 20 ga.
, My NW gun was patterned after a Belgium-made copy of an English Barnett. The owner

of Green River Forge and he had the original Belgium gun in his collection.

Sharon barrels were used. That was when Sharon Barrel Company

or Sharon Rifle Barrel Company was doing a great business in Kalispell, Montana.

upload_2020-1-28_19-29-54.png

upload_2020-1-28_19-31-12.png

Hope this helps.

I have one of these with a 30 inch barrel purchased from the original owner. Mine is a 20 ga.
, My NW gun was patterned after a Belgium-made copy of an English Barnett. The owner

of Green River Forge and he had the original Belgium gun in his collection.

Sharon barrels were used. That was when Sharon Barrel Company

or Sharon Rifle Barrel Company was doing a great business in Kalispell, Montana.

View attachment 23102
View attachment 23103
Hope this helps.
Very helpful. Thank you. The one I'm getting is engraved on the barrel. Green River Forge No.1. With 36"barrel. I'll post some picture when it gets here.

Latest posts

Back