• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Green Rifle Rifle Works .50cal Trade Rifle Percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frontier's

Buckskins & Black Powder
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Brand New, Never Fired, Green River Rifle Works & Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association Gun

GRRW.CA H.E. Leman NW Trade Rifle built by Les Bennett [GRRW/GRRW.CA #L02 LB]

This is a dual stamped build (Green River Rifle Works [GRRW] / Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association [GRRW.CA]. Mr. Bennett had an original GRRW Leman Trade Rifle kit from 1976 that had never been assembled (taken in trade for his labor as a GRRW custom muzzle-loading gunsmith working for GRRW). When GRRW.CA was formed he went to work for this firm, mentioning he had this kit from the original GRRW firm. He was told build the rifle and double stamp showing the new owner that this is a special build.

Special Build:
Original GRRW Leman Trade Rifle kit has the “Blue Jacket” Sander’s brass butt plate and trigger guard cast from an original H.E. Leman Trade rifle with his proof marks on the inside of each item (not visible without removing them). This rifle has the “jug-choked” barrel that GRRW was famous for winning many shooting contests.

Birchwood Casey Genuine Oil’ finish on the rifle for the best way to display the beautiful grain of the maple stock.

Asking $2000 Shipped. USPS Money Order, Personal Check accepted and held until cleared. Ships UPS with insurance.

( I am currently checking the rifling twist )
trade rifle.jpg

trade rifle2.jpg

trade rifle3.jpg

trade rifle4.jpg

trade rifle6.jpg

trade rifle7.jpg

243359551_10158828586892875_27406536824279741_n.jpg

243503118_10158828586152875_2864436256342891181_n.jpg

trade rifle5.jpg

Attachments

• trade rifle5.jpg
    trade rifle5.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Could you please tell me what the length of pull, and the weight are? Unless the camera angles are deceiving me, the L.O.P. appears to be close to 14", which unfortunately is just too long for this ageing 5' 8.5" tall shooter.

I had this rifle built by Les as his first built for GRRW.CA, we wanted each of the four builders to have guns for display. Les had an original GRRW kit that had never been assembled, we used that kit and therefore it's double stamped as mentioned. Carl Walker built a J&S Hawken, Doc White built a Leman NW Trade Gun and Ron Paul a Trappers Pistol. The NW Trade Gun Jonathan of Frontier's Buckskins & Black Powder Shop did a video of this gun.

You guys that are married know the story of "Why do you need all these guns", so to keep Pease in the family I sold the J&S Hawken, now if the remaining guns are of interest (Leman Trade Gun Half Stock or the Leman NW Trade Gun) let me know.

I had this rifle built by Les as his first built for GRRW.CA, we wanted each of the four builders to have guns for display. Les had an original GRRW kit that had never been assembled, we used that kit and therefore it's double stamped as mentioned. Carl Walker built a J&S Hawken, Doc White built a Leman NW Trade Gun and Ron Paul a Trappers Pistol. The NW Trade Gun Jonathan of Frontier's Buckskins & Black Powder Shop did a video of this gun.

You guys that are married know the story of "Why do you need all these guns", so to keep Pease in the family I sold the J&S Hawken, now if the remaining guns are of interest (Leman Trade Gun Half Stock or the Leman NW Trade Gun) let me know.
Hmmmm? Not all of us; I want to sell part of my 30+ ML guns and my wife objects. She says, "We don't need the money and I like them." I think I may have an unusual spouse. Polecat

Back