• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mountain T/C Replacement Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In response to Richard Eames

In the advertisement did they reveal the name of the company?

Call "Joe's barrel Co" at 845-361-4857 (or something similar?)

See page 1, your response to me.

In my posting his phone number I had faith it was a good recommendation since it came from Muzzle Blasts.

Years ago individuals had advertisements in Muzzle Blasts, but today very few individuals do.

Well like I said earlier, I didn't really want/need the barrel so Cool with me. I have not seen an issue of Muzzle Blasts in 15-20 years when I used to get them from an old acquaintance. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I may soon/ join/subscribe as I miss the few worthy articles, ads etc.

"I may soon/ join/subscribe as I miss the few worthy articles, ads etc."

Off topic,I am preparing for Friendship
and leave after Labor Day, will see if I stay a member of the NMLRA.

I feel violated from the way they canceled the Phoenix shoot without notice or warning.

Ok,, What's your point burlesontom?
Did he offer bad advice?

My point was that the phone number on page one that no one wanted to call because it had no business name attached to it ended up belonging to a person just wanting to sell some of his personal owned stock of barrels. And no he didn't offer bad advice. Matter of fact he was a very nice person to talk to and recommended I call Rice barrels if I want a TC drop in barrel.

burlesontom said:
Ok,, What's your point burlesontom?
Did he offer bad advice?

My point was that the phone number on page one that no one wanted to call because it had no business name attached to it ended up belonging to a person just wanting to sell some of his personal owned stock of barrels. And no he didn't offer bad advice. Matter of fact he was a very nice person to talk to and recommended I call Rice barrels if I want a TC drop in barrel.

Thank you, Burlesontom, interesting info and much appreciated. Waiting until after work season, salmon season and moose season to pull the trigger on anything. Its been death by hundred dollar bills here lately. Like all Summer... Thank you! Glen

If a person went to the TMLRA shoot this past week, a person could have chosen from over 30 barrels.

Barrels are out there if you know how to find them.

Order a Green Mountain barrel from TOW a week ago and am patiently awaiting its arrival at the Post Office. I am truly excited to receive it. Next time I may order Oregon barrel.

Thank you to all for your answers to my question. Mean Mike etc., Brown Bear and all of you...

Soon more fun will begin. I'll keep you posted.

I am looking for a new Green Mountain replacement barrel for my T/C Hawken cap lock rifle. 15/16ths diameter, 1-66 round ball twist, .54 caliber, with breech plug, under lug rib, 32", or length that will fit my T/C Hawken, with ram rod pipes and sights.

TOW seems to be out, "back ordered" they list...

I can't see that Green Mountain advertises them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Glen

Formerly I was Alaskan Woodsman and previously, Alaskan Glen, now on this nice new updated site, I am Glen Holt. Technology, as in doing something simple like getting a new password, forever baffles me. So, back to the bottom :)

Go to the top of the forums and to the thread on the update of the forum and leave a message for Angie with your name you want to use on the forum and she will change it back for you.

OK I called the mysterious phone number listed on the first page. This not a business. This is the phone # of a man who had several Green Mountain rifles barrels for TC Hawkens NIB that were his personal property. He lives in New York state. He has one NIB barrel left A 54 caliber for the TC Hawken. I told him I was looking for a slow twist 50 caliber for a Renegade rifle. He suggested Rice barrel company.
You might check with Track of the Wolf, they might have something.

Back