• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Green Mountain 45 or 50 cal LRH

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nodrama43

40 Cal
Reaction score
***** FOUND NO LONGER LOOKING*****

Looking for a Green Mountain LRH 15/16ths for a TC Hawken.

Prefer stainless but will entertain any and all. Need it to be in 45 caliber.

Last edited:
Does LRH stand for Long Range Hunter? What's the twist and groove depth?

How do you message

Click or hover over his avatar and a box will drop down. click the one that says "start conversation'. Then just type what you want to talk about in the topic line and your message in the reply spot below that.

Still looking. Have an early 54 cal renegade complete rifle or a 50 caliber TC Custom shop WMC with Fox Ridge 1:38 twist complete rifle for trade.

Last edited:
Just sold an unfired 15/16 GM LRH 45 caliber barrel to a forum member I had for a lot more than I imagined it was worth. Was not looking to sell it and didn’t have a price in mind, but got one of those hard to refuse offers. Offer went up with GM documentation the barrel wasn’t part of old GM Helicoil recall from years ago. Prices are crazy lately. If you see one suggest you grab it.

they come up periodically I am just never at the right place at the right time lol. I am wanting a 1:28 twist 50 cal to build a matching rifle to my LRH stainless Hawken. I have several options to do that, the easiest being just buy a barrel instead of building one. I am not in a hurry and not all that concerned about price either. My next search may just be for a junk 45 caliber barrel to rebore,

My two trade items are also complete rifles....not just barrels. guess I need to clarify that.

Another option is to have the rifling freshed out in a shallow groove TC .50. They'll typically clean up and can be rifled to shoot as-cast bullets from off the shelf fifty caliber rifle molds.

Another option is to have the rifling freshed out in a shallow groove TC .50. They'll typically clean up and can be rifled to shoot as-cast bullets from off the shelf fifty caliber rifle molds.
That is another good idea as well. I have called B Hoyt a few times this week but have not been able to touch base with him yet. I've found an undersized smooth bore barrel blank I might have him use as well to build what I want. I am hoping to use the No Excuses bullets and can get them as large as .504. Test kits are enroute from them now to get the correct size for the LRH.

He did a New Englander for me to shoot off the shelf .45 rifle molds (like in a 45-70).
He did a fine job and it's just the cat's meow with a tang peep.

i have a PA hunter stock with a 45 cal 26” Hawken barrel installed. Its a perfectly ballanced shooter and I have a TC peep on it as well. I’m leaning towards just building a 50 cal barrel for it. I have never been a fan of 1” renegades.

Back