• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Great Plains Smooth Rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud...
Any yall tried a GPR bored to a smooth rifle?
A .56 oughta work OK and the longer barrel might group better with shot or bare ball than the TC Renegades did.

My .56 Renegade smooth bore shoots great with patched ball out to 50 yards, and patterns well at 30 yards with #5 shot. Can't complain about it, and the shorter barrel is handier in the brush.

Somehow I ended up with a .559 round ball mold. And after searching the place I've concluded that I sold the TC .56 barrel. And that got to thinking again about a smoothie barrel for the GPR.

I think you would have had a hard time starting that ball (.559), with a patch in a T/C .56 bore. That sized ball would be best suited to a .62 caliber or 20 gauge.

Back