• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Great Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom A Hawk

Cannon
MLF Sponsor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been delighted with the flints purchased from Heritage Products Heritage Products - French Amber Gun Flints

This order was for a dozen French Amber ( they made it a "Baker's Dozen" ) and 6 of their black French. They all look great and most are flat on top.

1670029896409.jpeg

Heritage Flints are not always flat on top. Sometimes they are VERY humped. Always 13 to a dozen. Seem to last as long as English and a hair cheaper. I gave up on TOTW flints 4 years ago. always buy Heritage now a days.

Thank you for sharing. Have had them on my list to try and haven't done it.
Still searching for the source of flints mentioned here quite some time ago that is supposedly selling flints made by some special needs people as a craft therapy activity and to raise money to support them and their needs.....

I have purchased flints from the Log Cabin since the 1980's. Great folks, they are always willing to go the extra mile.

I find that with a hump on a flint, you can remove the hump on a belt sander. I forget what grit I used but it gave me a flat top when done. Be careful not slip and abrade the skin off your fingers. Don't ask how I know this ....
Ohio Rusty ><>

Last edited:
When any of these vendors, Track of the Wolf, Log Cabin Shop, Heritage Products,,,,, whomever,,,, lists the sizes,,, which dimension are they giving first? Length or width?
If a flint is listed as 7/8×1" is it 7/8" wide or long?

I need a few very odd sized flints for my Tule lock until I can get it worked on and tuned by someone. The standard flints I've bought from Track are too wide if they are long enough and much too short if they are the right width. I've tried several of their larger sizes. I need something just under an inch wide (could make do at 1" but 7/8 or between that an 1" would be ideal) however,,,, it needs to be over an inch long maybe 1 1/8"

It would help to know which dimensions I'm looking at when I see them listed on a vendor's website.

Back