• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Grafs Blackpowder 3g

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their powder is now produced by GOEX. Prior to that by WANO. I've used both and like both. Although I recently purchased Graf's (GOEX) FFg and FFFg, I've only had occasion to use the former and am quite pleased with it.

There's a notice for the Grafs brand powder that as of this year Goex is making their powder. The Grafs sells for two or three bucks less than Goex. No idea if it is standard Goex or a different formulation. I haven't found a comparison between the new Grafs and regular Goex but would love to know if there is a difference. If they are the same, I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars and Goex is American made.

Jeff

HEY....maybe I should do a chrono test ???

LD

That would be great. I've shot a lot of Graf's 2f and 3f, but I bought it back when it was being made in Germany (great powder). Since they've switched to Goex for their house powder I'd be interested to see whether there's any difference between it and regular Goex.

Is the Graf blackpowder manufactured by Goex labeled as made in the USA? Told it is labeled as made by Goex, but no reference to country it was manufactured in. Do not have any containers so I can not confirm one way or the other. Curious.

Is the Graf blackpowder manufactured by Goex labeled as made in the USA? Told it is labeled as made by Goex, but no reference to country it was manufactured in. Do not have any containers so I can not confirm one way or the other. Curious.

I've only seen pics of the new Graf's can, and only the front at that, which indeed simply says Manufactured by GOEX Powder Inc. on the label, with no mention of country of origin. I guess there could be something on the back label where the safety stuff is printed. My remaining cans of Graf's Wano powder say clearly on the front:

Mfg. by
Wano Schwarzpulver GmbH
Kunigunde, Germany

It seems like a bit of a missed marketing opportunity for them not to say something like: Proudly Manufactured in USA by GOEX Powder Inc. or something similar, though I'm sure it IS made in USA, considering it's made by Goex. Like I said, though, could be something on the back. I just don't know.

The new stuff, made by Goex, is made in the USA? Or is this the corporate office address?
On the back of the can it says nothing that helps.......until you pull off the American label and read the Canadian label.

Attachments

• 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 003 (1024x768).jpg
    003 (1024x768).jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 139
Back