• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Gpr stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a stockmaker by trade and I turn my own stocks. I'm sort of new to ML and have never stocked one. I have some French and American Black walnut blanks. I am going to turn this stock off of a Lyman great plains rifle and restock the metal into the new turned stock. I will post pictures as I progress with it. I am very busy in my trade so this won't be done overnight. Thanks for staying tuned
1lyman stock.jpg

Attachments

• 2 lymanstock.jpg
    2 lymanstock.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 28
I'd get rid of the fishbelly from triggerguard to toe of butt and reduce the hump from the tang area.

There’s a lot of improvements that could be made that excepts the Lyman parts. Rather then making a copy of a stock that many people alter use your stock making skills to make an up grade.

Latest posts

Back