• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR social

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got older GPR in .54 and a new old stock Cabela Investarms in .54. Older GPR shoots much tighter groups as I've only put down about 50 round balls through the Investarms.

My .54 Investarms from Cabelas is a caplock w/chrome barrel. It's next in line to get "Dutched" (the system) THE EASIEST clean up of any black powder firearm ever.

mark/wi said:
I got this barrel from TOW a few years ago. GM barrel with a lyman plug, just took out the 54 and in with 40. Very happy with them. Easy to change to either one. Mark
Hey Mark,
That Lyman must be a good exercise to carry that Lyman with a .40 cal. barrel.
But with the set triggers it must be evil on the range.
Fred

With the 32" factory length 15/16" barrel the .40 bore is tipping right at the edge of my comfort zone.
When I see half stock hunting rifles in museums with one inch barrels and .38 bore it gives me pause and thoughts like gee golly we're wimps compared to those guys.

A 28" long GM .40 on a Renegade handles a little better.

Suppose an octagonal to tapered round GPR .40 and tall front sight would handle a little better. Thought about it but never quite convinced myself that it'd look right.

Latest posts

Back