• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot Shooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's the first time I put them together just to see what it would look like.
gprkit.jpg

I think you will enjoy your project, just take your time, that is a nice piece of wood, the Lyman wood varies quite a bit, I really like that one. BTW that case coloring will come off the lock easily with a little 600 grit if you chose to brown it, though either way could be PC.

"BLUE and RUST remover" will also take off the "color case" finish of the lock!! (no "elbow grease" required)

Good lookin' piece of wood, have fun building it. Take care, Rick

Looks good and it looks like they did a very good job on the inletting around the lock and the barrel channel, it is laying down nicely.

You can now see where they leave quite a bit of wood for you to remove.

A very nice winter project.

I do believe I see a bottle of that new fangled stuff they call smokeless powder there in the background. A passing fad it'll never catch on. Take care, Rick.

quote:Originally posted by DEADDAWG:
I do believe I see a bottle of that new fangled stuff they call smokeless powder there in the background.Right next to the lighter fuel and the 358 Winchesters rounds...
grin.gif

There is a big difference between your work area and mine, we can see the walls on yours...

Have a great time building...

The bottle in the back is empty and half full of water. I use to hold old primers, cap's and such.

I've had that lighter fluid for so long I don't even know why. But the shell's in back are 358 Winchesters!!! For my modern lever gun.

Well, I mentioned the barrel was getting magnetized the other day, I just finished draw filing it, here are some of the wiskers.

wiskers.jpg

barrelbeard.jpg

They did do a good inletting job for the barrel, and the inlets are pretty deep. I think I'm going to have a decent amount of wood to remove on the stock especially by the butt plate.

Is using a rasp the right way to go to get it down quick? First time that I'll be shaping a stock at all.

Spot

Spot Shooter question on the GPR barrel fit in the stock is the barrel free floated on both sides,the reason I ask is that on my finished GPR one side is a little less when it comes to slipping a dollar between the barrel and wood?
How is the hammer nipple alignment ?

A rasp may get it down quick, but I had better luck with 80 grit paper and a sanding block.

Latest posts

Back