• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my BP pistol supplies today....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiksmo

40 Cal
Reaction score
….and actin' a little like a kid opening up birthday presents!

After I recently got my new Trapper .50CAL pistol, I had written that I planned to get together with the owner of a nearby LGS. He has been shooting, servicing, selling, and gunsmithing BP firearms close to 40 years. That get together happened this morning.

Short and sweet of it. The time spent with him checking out my pistol, and the intro training I got, were very good. I learned more than I expected, and he did more with my gun than expected. After he completely dis-assembled and re-assembled, I got to take the test and do the same procedures. Nice that I ended up "passing, with no "retake" required. After we finished, I then got the supplies I need to get going with this pistol. His shop is a "one-stop" place for BP everything.

I was glad to get the good "start-up support" he offered. Next step is to get passed these days of high temps and excessive humidity. On a milder summer day, I look forward to get to the range for my first shoot using black powder...shouldn't be long in coming!

And this pokin' along sure is relaxing....I'm quite enjoying learning this pistol.:thumb:

Shopping for gun stuff is it's own unique kind of pleasure. Did you get out shooting yet? I'm itching to shoot my Trapper pistol again along with my Lyman GPR. Seems like we're alternating between too hot and dry and hard to keep your powder dry around here.

Yeah, I got to shoot my Trapper for the first time yesterday when I went to a BP shoot, Louis.

I don't see a MLF forum set up just for range reports; might be missing it. Anyway, I'd like to write something on my time at the shoot. Probably will post it under "Hanguns" before long.

What you said. I sure can understand "itching" to shoot again. These pistols are a lot of fun!:cool:

Shopping for gun stuff is it's own unique kind of pleasure. Did you get out shooting yet? I'm itching to shoot my Trapper pistol again along with my Lyman GPR. Seems like we're alternating between too hot and dry and hard to keep your powder dry around here.

Latest posts

Back