• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got It!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipascus

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I visited Jim Chambers on Monday to try out some rifles and, after looking at several, decided on the Virginia. I got to see some originals and hold a 1750s pistol too (WOW!!!).

They had everything but the barrel but, as luck would have it, Mr. Rice arrived just as I was about to go with a .58 caliber barrel for my rifle and Barbie cut the dovetails right there. I got to talk to them for a bit and learned some good tips before heading out. Left with my kit and a big smile.

Anyone thinking of dealing with Chambers Flintlocks: they are as nice, helpful, and patient as you can imagine! They have a great setup and their stuff is all top notch. I can’t wait to finish the kit and send them huge projectiles down range!!!

I’m almost done building the rifle worktable (thanks for the info. Goldhunter!).

Please take lots of photos as you go along for those of us who haven't taken the big plunge! :hatsoff:

gmww said:
Please take lots of photos as you go along for those of us who haven't taken the big plunge! :hatsoff:

How about some "before" photos to show us what the kit looks like?

The dovetails are an option. I had them do it and was fortunate enough to see it being done. I plan on some before, during, and after photos!

Just gotta figure out how to post the photos!!!

Back