• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Got Corn?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"AA puck lights"???

Fwiw, I'm not a farmer & don't grow corn.
(In my home county, btw, we measure corn production by the fruit-jar, rather than by the bushel.)

yours, satx :haha:

satx78247 said:
Fried corn is fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob, then the cobs scraped with the edge of a butter knife & fried with butter, in a cast iron skillet, till it's soft/creamy.
(Just thinking of it makes me hungry.)
yours, satx

Please forgive my confusion but are you eating the corn or the cob? Or both?
Best Wishes,
WW

Been shootin Daisy's since I was 7. My first game was a mouse in the barn. It was single shot and it would shoot through both ends of a condensed milk can at 25 feet. During the great war my Mom would go for groceries every Fri. and asked all the kids what we wanted her to spend our 5 cents on. My siblings all wanted candy. Not me ----I wanted BBs. During the war they came in a brown paper bag sold by the ounce. Before the war they were sold in red paper tubes that looked a lot like shotgun shells.

satx78247 said:
"AA puck lights"???

Fwiw, I'm not a farmer & don't grow corn.
(In my home county, btw, we measure corn production by the fruit-jar, rather than by the bushel.)

yours, satx :haha:

AA battery operated, 3"-4", round, plastic, stick on lights available at the "dollar store" Some say they look like a hockey puck.

And I'll agree, corn is best drank :grin:

Where I was raised, as well, it was often measured in gallons.

THANKS for the explanation. = NE Texicans don't often play hockey, as thankfully we don't have the long periods of ice.

And we usually sell white likker by the half-gallon fruit jar.

yours, satx

That fried corn getting creamy sounds like the "how corn" my fish and game club makes at our annual sheep bake. Lots of folks thinks it's that creamed corn sold in cans when they see it. Ain't nothing that good come from a can. Basicly someone welded up pans that are a few feet long by a foot and a half, maybe two feet, wide. These are placed over coals and filled with corn kernels. This cooks for several hours over the coals and is worked back and forth in the pan with a garden hoe. Creamy, sweet, a bit of smokey flavor from being over the coals, no words can do justice to how good it is.

colorado clyde said:
Going to plant me some "painted mountain" this year.....Dang chipmunks and deer ate most of my crop last year before I got it picked...

Son and I won 1st place in 3 fairs in New England with that brand.

Someone needs electric fencing and a Jack Russell Terrier and the problem will vanish

Latest posts

Back