• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gorning underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I'm starting on this. It's just scrap bits of metal from under the bench at work. I can remake it and tweak the design as I go and not be out anything other than a few lunch breaks.

Next step in the hammer. Just used the drill press to hog out some of the waste then cut with the hacksaw. Now just clean it up to the layout lines with the files.

Attachments

• 20230201_100320.jpg
    20230201_100320.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230201_100507.jpg
    20230201_100507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Yep this is all just hacksaw, drill press and file work. We have a mill I could have put it on and cut it out with a lot less work. However I wanted to do one to show that yes this can be built with basic garage tools.

I had decades of fun with a .45 underhammer not to mention hunting. This old one was my first load-from-the-muzzle gun. I fired it a lot at ranges and in the woods. I still have it but it's now a nice wall hanger; it has earned it's retirement at 56 years old.
PICT0387-1.jpg

Back