• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Goon’s Gun Works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoothshooter

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have made a couple of attempts to contact Goon’s by e-mail over the last 90 days and have not gotten a response.

Is he still in business?.

Tried Goon's by email myself a couple times last year. No luck.

I've been looking for a list of smiths who work C&B revolvers. Anyone ideas?

@hrt4me you'll note that the gentleman was asking for other smiths. I'm not trying to wizz in anyone's cheerios here. He wanted options, now he has one... The Kid doesn't do what Mike does and as far as I know they've recommended each other to potential clients.

Outlaw Kid is all of those things and more, have used his services myself BUT.. he only works on open top C&B revolvers- 1851 Navy, 1860 Army etc. Unless things have changed recently he does not work on Remingtons or other non-open tops.
I myself am looking for a fast, reliable smith who can do a tuning job on my Starr DA revolver.

Try @TheOutlawKid . He’s fast, responsive and reliable.

I have five guns done by Goon which are a pair of 1860 Uberti Colt Armies a pair of Pietta 1861 Colt Navies and an1851 Uberti Colt Navy.
The Army pair have had almost a thousand rounds (I keep a barrel record) total without a cap jam.
The Navy pair are equally reliable but I did not keep a record on them.
The only changes made to those guns were installing Slixshot nipples and lee gunfighter main and trigger-bolt springs.
The 1851 Navy has the trigger-bolt conversion to coil springs along with the usual modifications Goon makes.
This gun also has Slixshot nipples and Lee gunfighter main spring.
So far I have not had a cap jam with anyone of these five guns even when I was trying to jam them with all sort of odds and ends of CCI and RWS caps. Slixshot nipples are made to fit. Remington #10 caps and using others usually results in second strikes but no jams.
His work is excellent, but he can be, like most gunsmiths, a bit slow.
But like a friend of mine said
"Send your guns to your gunsmith when you are young so you can enjoy them in your old age"
And since I am a depression era baby they are being enjoyed a lot.
Hold Center
Hit Center (occasionally )
Bunk
Caveat : I am a satisfied paying customer this is an assessment not an advertisment

Brad Maddox goes by Maddman has done a few for me. Very prompt and courteous as well as responsive. I’ve been quite pleased with his services.

He has had my uberti for a while now. I think I sent it in at the end of JAN or the beginning of MAR. If I do not hear back in a few weeks I probably need to call and check on things. I do not mind waiting but I do not like hearing nothing.

It’s been a year since I sent my NMA to Mike, if he’s close to getting caught up on backlogged work maybe I’ll be shooting it with my grandson when he visits this summe.

Back