• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE gooddy51 possible scammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a 17 mile round trip for us to get a today's date newspaper.

Quote: " . . . Alternatively, a picture of the item with the seller's drivers license or photo ID. The actual license number could be blacked out. These in a picture of the item communicate real information. . . . " End quote.

Now the ID picture with the item is a good idea. I would agree to do this in a private message.

Unless a significant amount of money is involved I do not think most scammers will provide ID pictures; real or faked. Some bold scammers would provide real ID knowing scam enforcement is lax.

Many years ago I took a $100 bad check and had recorded the buyers drivers license number. Check was written on a closed Wells Fargo Bank account, address was an empty spot in a mobile home / RV park. Postman delivering there said he kept getting lots of collections type mail for the scammer.

Last edited:
To make pirated pictures useless ask for an additional picture of the item with something like a dime or a quarter, car key fob, etc. A request like this to a seller was never acknowledged, saved me $1200 once. YMMV
Just know, in response to a request just like that they photoshopped in the item. Fortunately it was to a photo that had come up when I reversed image searched so I immediately knew it was fake.

What common item that most people have is going to prove anything at all about the seller?
Most can pick up a single newspaper at the supermarket or drugstore. Alternatively, a picture of the item with the seller's drivers license or photo ID. The actual license number could be blacked out. These in a picture of the item communicate real information.

I am not enthusiastic about making sellers' lives difficult. But we hear too often about on line fraud. I doubt that most people on here came by their money easily. I doubt they want a scammer to have at it easily.
A scammer just last month that had gotten 2 members also sent me a photoshopped ID. Again I had reversed image searched the images Soninkes it was a scam. However be advised that they are trying to change info on the image to foil the image seach.

We are dealing with many people that are NOT REAL AMERICANS. Many are illegal
types of one kind or another. Some outside of our area and scamming from Russia
or Nigeria. As said by forum posts before, request valid ID. If you sell to an underage
person you are 100% legally liable for multiple kinds of damages or even fake damages
charged by a parent. You cannot trust the voice alone. In prior posts I, and others, have
created lists to go by. Contact a local gunsmith or shop--they usually charge little to
do a "Bore check" . Crooks will not submit to a "bore check" and are quick to weed out.
Also they will not give an ID. Buyers must beware. Also, as said, well known posters here
are safe but an imposter could use their identity.

We are dealing with many people that are NOT REAL AMERICANS. Many are illegal
types of one kind or another. Some outside of our area and scamming from Russia
or Nigeria. As said by forum posts before, request valid ID. If you sell to an underage
person you are 100% legally liable for multiple kinds of damages or even fake damages
charged by a parent. You cannot trust the voice alone. In prior posts I, and others, have
created lists to go by. Contact a local gunsmith or shop--they usually charge little to
do a "Bore check" . Crooks will not submit to a "bore check" and are quick to weed out.
Also they will not give an ID. Buyers must beware. Also, as said, well known posters here
are safe but an imposter could use their identity.

I would amend "not real American's" to "Anti-Americans" This means our enemies

I would amend "not real American's" to "Anti-Americans" This means our enemies
Possibly a less loaded(haha, guns, get it) phrase would be foreigners. I tend to love my enemy, and his charming attempts to relieve me of my hard won specie. Getting scammed is hard, while not sending money to people you can't see is very easy.

seams as like they are behind every bush! it spoilers the buying of a gun that you rely want to buy!

Found this on the sister forum:

"give it to an bonified FFL, holder phone # and they mail it with tracking . I will pay the FFL and he can pay you" ,

Might be the way to buy, have a FFL handle the transaction and sent to your FFL. Would cost more money but would be the safest way to get what you want and pay for.

Last edited:
Found this on the sister forum:

"give it to an bonified FFL, holder phone # and they mail it with tracking . I will pay the FFL and he can pay you" ,

Might be the way to buy, have a FFL handle the transaction and sent to your FFL. Would cost more money but would be the safest way to get what you want.
That would be me / Ed

I traded with a established member on another website long ago. I did not have no background so I sent the item as proof that I was legit, worked out OK. Just wondering why the buyer always pay first. The established person should have his pleasure.

Not sure why this site doesn't just use the trusted handwritten note with user name and date in photo with item.

It's pretty much the law in most other web sale forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back