• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goodby To Old Friends

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am custodian of a little unmentionable item that was converted into a take-down by Alexander Martin of Glasgow around 1910. It was a birthday present for a young man who grew up just enough to be killed in France a few years later. His younger brother inherited the item, and eventually passed it on to HIS son. HIS son, with failing eyesight from macular degeneration and diabetes, passed it to me in 1992, and I shoot it and enjoy it immensely every time I take it out. I also have my dad's unmentionable from 1930, and shoot that too.

Our daughter is severely disabled and our son died as an infant, so we have nobody to pass these things to.

It's something hard to think about, but my future is a whole lot shorter than my past, and pretty soon I'm going to have some decision-making, Feltwad and Friends, that is going to hurt a deal.

Difficult decision, in some ways almost like putting down a beloved pet.

The day is coming here. Have a couple of nephews who have shown some interest in my ‘collection’, but it almost seems at times they are more interested in the digital image rather that the item itself.

Have started a database of information (description, history, condition, value, etc) with a reference number and a tag on the less frequently used items to make ‘liquidation’ simpler at a later date...... a date that will come.

I can’t imagine...
Good luck as US prices on British stuff is currently low.
Enjoying what you like to do is very important.

Today I sent to auction a selection of sxs percussion guns most I have had for a decade or two but with my advancing years it was now time to let them go . These guns served me well with many a good day shooting comprising of game shooting and pest control and also clay shooting . All are originals some I restored thus preserving our heritage been their custodian for a great number of years it has now come for them go and hopefully someone else will look after them I have enclosed images .
Feltwad

To be sold at Holts Auction UK this coming Monday the 23 March and the 2nd April
Feltwad

Hi Feltwad,Have a few years on you and still trying to pluck up the courage to do the same.Two Daughters and a Son (now in OZ).7 Non shooting grand daughters(and counting) leave the auction house the likely option."Water under he bridge" as the saying goes. Hope there are still some Seatrout left in the Wear but have you ever tried to sell Hardy Built Cane Fly rods? Hope you do well in Norfolk on 23/24th.Trust you have GOOD Reserves!!! Go Well, Stay Well. Keep some (LEAD) Shot in the Air and a Flee in the Wather. OLD DOG..210334...

Last edited:
Back