• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

good mornin from western PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86marine

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My name is Phil I am from the Pittsburgh area. I have been shooting ML's since I was about 8. I love the way a Long Rifle feels when shouldered it just settles itself on target. I love the outdoors period. I have been out of the Corps for just over a year now, miss it a little but I got out because I didnt want to serve under Obama. I was born and raised here in PA. So if you are here in my area hit me up for a range day.

Hi Phil. Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for your service to our country. :hatsoff: Glad to see another Pennsylvanian on here. I'm from SW PA too. Over by Kennywood Park if you know where that is. Lots of friendly people on here, and lots of good answers for any questions you may have. They have helped me a bunch. Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

Of course I know where Kennywood is can't beat those Potato Patch fries. Did you go out on Mon. or are you waiting for the late ML season, and if you did any luck.

Oh ya!! Can't beat those french fries! I did go out Monday and Thursday. Saw total of 8 deer, but none with horns, and we weren't in an antlerless area. Took my flintlock, ever since I got her I've all but lost interest in my other guns. But I am definitely waiting for muzzleloader season!! How bout you Phil? Any luck so far? The PA deer situation isn't very good these days it seems.
~Ron

I did get a nice 10 with a drop tine of 4 3/4 in up in Mckean County near the town of Mt. Jewitt using my Mosin it was the only one i saw no one else at my camp got one though

no our situation doesnt seem that great once we are out there but according to our highways you think it would be better than previous years

Welcome to the MLF Phil! Glad you made it to camp. Pull up a stump and share a tale or two with us all.

Sounds like a nice one you got. I know what you mean, seems like there's a roadkilled deer every hundred yards. Never hunted the area you are talking about, but a ten point with drop tines is a nice buck for sure. :thumbsup:

Welcome Jarhead,Swabbie here.I believe you'll like it here.Don't know if you were ever stationed on a ship, the powder used in big guns is blackpowder.Sure smells good.You should get you a Springfield or a Garand,leave those Moisons alone.

I have a Garand and I Plan on getting 1903A4 Springfield but the 7.62x54R is just as powerful and a lot cheaper surplus, than 30-06.

Yeah,I've got one also.I gave a Garand to a young family friend,he in turn gave me a Nagant and a WW2 bayonet.The family friend also gave me an American flag that flew over his unit in Iraq.He was a corporal in the USMC.No telling what he could have amounted to if he had joined the USN.

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here.
So have a seat and fill up yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling. I'll share my pot with even a former marine. :hatsoff:

welcome, i am in sw pa ,washington county . no deer here hunted 3 gamelands did not see 1 deer

ah come on you should know there is no such thing as a former Marine, Once a Marine Always a Marine

Oh and I have too Say GO STEELERS 13-10 over the Ravens. Climbing the Stairway To Seven

Back