• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good afternoon from eastern Oklahoma.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VCS

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently purchased a TC Hawken, 54 cal. and hope to become proficient enough to deer hunt with it this fall. I'll be spending some time at the range, but this new challenge sounds fun. Any tips anybody wants to offer will be appreciated.

Eastern Oklahoma? I live near Lake Eufaula and Longtown. I am a long time Traditional Black Powder shooter.
I'm glad there is another coming up in Oklahoma. Read [especially this forum] and shoot as often as you are able. Polecat

Eastern Oklahoma? I live near Lake Eufaula and Longtown. I am a long time Traditional Black Powder shooter.
I'm glad there is another coming up in Oklahoma. Read [especially this forum] and shoot as often as you are able. Polecat
I live just north of Tulsa, but sometimes hunt around Lake Eufuala. I have hunted all my life, but started bow hunting a few years ago to make it a little more challenging. Then decided to add traditional black powder to the mix just because it sounds fun and more challenging too. A couple of hunting buddies hunt with inlines and didn't understand why I wanted to go traditional. I wanted to do it like they did in the 1800s. I am looking forward to it.

Welcome to the forum.

We live west of Lawton and own property around Elmore City. i'm a serious muzzleloader hunter.

Welcome from Norman, OK. Been shooting smokepoles 46 years here in Oklahoma and many other states in competition and hunting. Help start a few clubs in Oklahoma and support many others in the surrounding states. Had a hunting camp around Smithville and Big Cedar in the 70's & 80's where we would set up a few days before Blackpowder season and stay until the last day. Hunted around Muse, and up around Cookson and Keys near Tenkiller. There used to be a good club around Tulsa, Osage Territory Muzzleloading club and Tater Hill Club around Broken Arrow. I think they still shoot around the Zinc Range somewhere. There is a big club at Wichita Falls, TX that Eterry belongs to. Maybe he call tell you about some in TX.
There is a big shoot every fall and spring at Berryville, AR. Glad you joined the group. Lots of hunting areas in Oklahoma on public land if you do your homework.
Again, welcome to the forum and to Muzzleloading. The smell of blackpowder is addicting.
Mike

I recently purchased a TC Hawken, 54 cal. and hope to become proficient enough to deer hunt with it this fall. I'll be spending some time at the range, but this new challenge sounds fun. Any tips anybody wants to offer will be appreciated.
are you going to shoot prb as main load

Welcome! I live in Tulsa and the Tulsa Gun Club located at 8888 E. Mohawk Blvd. N. 918-272-0262. One half mile west of Mingo, convenient to Tulsa and the surrounding area. Allows BP

Hey Dale

I from Canadian Oklahoma and moved to northern Idaho, I have hunted all around the lake. Northern Rockies are great for hunting and I have had great experences here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am planning to shoot patched round balls. Is black powder for sale anywhere around here? All I am finding are the substitutes and will shoot that if BP isn't available.

Latest posts

Back