• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Golf with roundballs!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huzzah back at Black Jaque. I had a little luck of the hickup. I jerked the grip and threw the ball in a hole.:idunno: But what I was happiest about was the turnout. :applause: I could never understand, :hmm:(still can't), why a group of 35k+ members can't have more than 6-8 people shoot in a month. We got more than 10 and hopefully a lot more will join in on future shoots. Cost is right (an envelope, stamp, print ink, and sheet of print paper or card stock - your choice) paper, & Part of a day at the range to fire 2 to however many shots are needed. Spring time is my time constraint time as I coach College outdoor Track & Field -throw events, until the end of May. I usually shoot two or three postal shoots :shocked2: on different forum groups shoot. It's a good reason to get to the range and smoke....Black Powder.
Just a thought if y'all go to rendezvous', and use the plinking range, Take the forum target and shoot it. That's practice as well as a match. It all is. :doh: :thumbsup:

Part of the reason for poor turnout is the postal match is in an entirely separate forum category.

It needs to be advertised.

I posted some photos on the caplock forum of the boys shooting their targets. Pictures of guys shootin' is always fun.

Dont think advertising will get them off their jeans.
Separate category? Sure. But so is every subject on here. I know what's going on in pistols and cannons, but don't own one. I read about period clothing and the French and Indian war, but don't act on it. I read the classifieds, but not looking to buy.
There are those who will and those who won't. No matter where you advertise a shoot. :shake:

I understand your point, and do the same thing, but I don't think the majority of people do. Putting it in the general muzzleloading category could get some exposure I think.

I agree with you guys. A lot of talkers but they don't get off their duffs to shoot. A good many of the 35K members are retired I am sure. Doesn't make sense to me that they can't get out to shoot a target once a month. Sure I understand health reasons but there are certainly more than this group of 10 or 12 (.03%) that are capable of shooting once a month. You got to be and stay active. Just my opinion.

Dave

I hear you all. However, FWIW I'm happy to get the numbers we are getting. I think many are just waiting to see the contests fall apart again.

I do know that when Jethro was putting them on regularly there wasn't a real big turnout there anyhow. Each shoot got between 10 and 20 participants. Some people just don't come here for the shooting. Those come for the information or just the chatter.

These contests are my favorite part of this forum. I have learned tons of info and gained a wealth of info from the gun builders here. They give me the confidence and advice to mush forward on yet another thousand dollars box 'O parts. :shocked2: I would NEVER have attempted the guns I have built, no matter how many books I own, without the members here.
They give me a confidence when reaching for chemicals and neutralizing methods. And how to fix an oops. And another oops. These members are A-1!
But.....I look forward to the monthly shoots most of all. Just a bunch of regular-ish Joes shootin around for fun. They way it was supposed to be. At least when I was growin up.
Thank you for keepin' this going.:hatsoff:

A lot of people just don’t shoot well enough to feel like they can win a contest so why bother.

Others have different things going on as well.

Illness, Family Issues, life in general.

I’ve shot in several shooting contest/ matches, to me postal shoots just aren’t them same as live compititions.

Still if you have the time , postal shoots can be fun too.

I look forward to the monthly shoots most of all. Just a bunch of regular-ish Joes shootin around for fun. They way it was supposed to be. At least when I was growin up.
Thank you for keepin' this going.

This is what I mean by advertising. We need to see regular posts like this on the other boards.

So here is what I am going to do. I am going to continue taking the boys out and shootin' these targets (among others) and sending them in. THEN I will also post photos of us having fun on the other boards (everyone like pictures).

I’ve shot in several shooting contest/ matches, to me postal shoots just aren’t them same as live compititions.

Too true. But postal shoots are way better than reading posts about someone else's shootin'. :wink:

Back