• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Golf with roundballs!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Jaque said:
Couple questions:
That's one shot at each "bullseye", right?

I doubt my son (15) or his buddy (16) are registered here. Can they participate?
Yes, one shot per bullseye.

As for the two younguns.. Technically they cannot, the rules clearly state:

"Only registered forum members may participate."

While Id love to make an exception I'm afraid of the can of worms that might create. However, assuming they don't want to become a registered member (or cant, I don't know if we have an age limit) you are welcome to print a target for them each and once I post the scores they can see where they fall anyway. (but don't send me their targets, keep them handy and compare the scores to what is posted)

My first suggestion is to get them to register, if they can!

Huh. I printed it out and paced back just across the house which isn't even 25 yards and the target is not distinguishable.

I think I will be coloring the "par" spaces.

I was camping when I shot it and could barely see it, and had no marker of any sort. Made an already tough shot a little tougher.

Received a target from PK today! Welcome to the forum; Welcome to the fun; and YES we do have some nice country out here. You picked a perfect time to visit if it was last month; another month or two and we resemble Hades.... (HOT) But well worth it for the 6-8 months of really nice weather we get in exchange for living in AC buildings 4-5 months of the year.

(Of course Im one of the lunatics that goes to the range in the summer when its ridiculously hot. did I mention its an outdoor range?)

Thanks Adui. I've been reading the forum for quite some time now. Our stop st Usery Mtn recreation area was unplanned so I didn't have a gun or bow with me. Next time I will. Thanks for the invite into the shoots.

The month here in PA has been tough. It's a tough time for my free time until mid-May. I'm the throw event coach for Point Park Univ in Pittsburgh. between chores and coaching it dictates my free time. I had about an hour total so I decided to shoot my single shot .45 cal KY pistol. It takes less to clean than my long guns. I took the greens target with the cups marked in red marker, and a 2" bulls eye to dirty up the pistol at. Went to the club range. I shot 3 shots at the bulls-eye and was feeling good. I posted the greens next to the bulls-eye. I loaded and fired the first at the bottom cup. Not on it but not bad. I loaded #2, took aim and started the wobble; lowered the pistol; deep breath, reacquired and started to drop and I did the no-no. I jerk off the shot and felt the gun lurch up. Whoa, that doesn't happen! In the cup. That NEVER works in the real world, usually a clean miss or hit the wrong target. I will take it though. I'll put it in the mail and hope they pick it up and post it. I hate not getting a target in.

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell said:
The month here in PA has been tough. It's a tough time for my free time until mid-May. I'm the throw event coach for Point Park Univ in Pittsburgh.

That sounds both challenging and FUN!! We have to do lifes priorities and sometimes our somepoles take back seat. Just glad you are thinking of us.

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell said:
between chores and coaching it dictates my free time. I had about an hour total so I decided to shoot my single shot .45 cal KY pistol. It takes less to clean than my long guns. I took the greens target with the cups marked in red marker, and a 2" bulls eye to dirty up the pistol at. Went to the club range. I shot 3 shots at the bulls-eye and was feeling good. I posted the greens next to the bulls-eye. I loaded and fired the first at the bottom cup. Not on it but not bad. I loaded #2, took aim and started the wobble; lowered the pistol; deep breath, reacquired and started to drop and I did the no-no. I jerk off the shot and felt the gun lurch up. Whoa, that doesn't happen! In the cup. That NEVER works in the real world, usually a clean miss or hit the wrong target. I will take it though. I'll put it in the mail and hope they pick it up and post it. I hate not getting a target in.

Wish I had that kind of luck. When I flinch or jerk I have to check the guy next to me's target... :hatsoff: glad you were able to shoot and I look forward to the target in the mail!

Since I already know its coming Ill take it even if its posted for Monday (4/2) That goes for anyone who gets a target in by then! :thumbsup:

As Promised, the scores:

Mad Irish Jack -1
Black Jaque -1
58 Caliber 0
Ames 0
Shootin fool 0
(blank) 0
MDK_WV 1
Juice Jaws 1
Silky 921 1
Hermit 1
Russle Shaffer 2
Nessmu k 2
PK 3
Smokepole Sam 4
Mark/Wi 6

Mad Irish Jack and Black Jaque tie for first.

Second was a three way tie with 58 Caliber, Ames, and Shootin Fool (Our new member and Black Jaue's son; WELCOME to our forum!)

Third was a 4 way tie; MDK_WV, Juice Jaws, Silky921, and Hermit

4th 5th and 6th see the score card above.

Honorable mention goes to Shootin fool's friend, Damian Jaques who was unable to get his registration settled in time.

Congratulations to the low ball shooters. Thanks Adui for puttin on the shoot. The participation is going up, which is good.

Now to throw some darts!

Latest posts

Back