• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Golf Ball Shooting Fun......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video. Did I miss something ? Why were you shooting left handed ? Maybe you’ve done it before and I didn’t notice

Great video. Did I miss something ? Why were you shooting left handed ? Maybe you’ve done it before and I didn’t notice
I've been switching from right to left hand shooting with better success. During the above video, I pulled my finger across a freshly knapped flint & cut it wide open at the 3:20 mark. Having no first aid kit with me, I wrapped a cleaning patch around the cut ( on the left hand ) and wrapped electricians tape around it.
It got me thru the video & cleaned the finger up correctly when I got home.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.01.03 PM.png

We used to shoot at a gravel pit and one game we played was to set a rock on top of an empty coke can. The rock was about the same diameter as the can. Then we would set a smaller rock on top of the first rock and the challenge was to shoot off the top rock without hitting the bottom rock or knocking everything over. We got pretty good at it out to around 30 yards or so.

We were both shooting Cabelas .45 caliber Hawkens we built from kits. We both still have those rifles. When we bought the kits the price was $129 plus shipping. Times and prices have really changed. I guess that was around 1985 or so. Those guns are both some great shooting guns. Mine would be my last BP rifle I would ever sell.

Until ELF & Noise abatement stepped we had an annual stalkers Egg & Ballon shoot with unmentionables.Eggs at 75yds need pretty good eyes.
The last target was a balloon blown up in a 4"hole in aboard sliding down a tarzan glide wire
at about 50yds. The winding man only had to tap the wire to make the deer jump. Would have been fun with M/Ls but the other lot didn'y like the smoke. O.D.

At one shooting match, there were golf balls hanging on wires at 50 yards. Everyone was shooting.58 calibre minies. One of the golf balls must have been hit on the low side. The ball swung backwards and the wire hanger wrapped around the 2x4 hanger. The force snapped the wire and had enough force to propel the ball back to the firing line, landing at our feet. The rest of the golf balls went sailing off into the distance.

Way way back we had a monthly shoot where we shot charcoal briquettes hanging from strings.

Also eggs hanging from strings. The egg shoot was an elimination shoot. Miss the egg and you eat your egg......raw. And your out. 😀 winner was the last man standing.

Ha! I just watched that video last night. I love watching his videos. He is having fun and thats what its all about. I like it when someone doesn't take himself too serious. We have been shooting golf balls for targets for a couple of decades. Mostly with 22 rifles and handguns. They finally get blasted so far away in the grass you can't see them anymore. Tough little boogers too. They take a lot of shooting.
Thanks for those kind words my friend.
I'm definitely in it for the fun, that's about it. LOL

Back