• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Golf Ball Dictator Mortar Has Arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lever is used to cam the wheels and move the mortar back in battery after firing. Also used for rudimentary pointing.

If you don't have a golf course handy, Ebay is a source for used golf balls. I bought a box that will probably last me until I die; I keep finding the ones that I've used when I walk in the woods "downrange".
Pete

Stupid question, is a golf ball the only safe thing to fire from those suckers? I imagine one could make a mould so you could cast plaster balls for your mortar to get a little "splatter" downrange.

Yes, as posted, one can shoot lead (or zinc) balls. As I understand it, the metal RBs will shoot farther than the golf balls. Evidently, because of the way that they are made, there is a limit to how far a golf ball will travel.
They sure travel far enough for me.
Pete

Alright, good to know that they're safe in that respect. I bet those will sling a lead ball pretty far. A cement ball might be more fun though.

Man oh Man, that is cool! I'd never get one across the border, but I'd have one otherwise. :bow:

Well, just got a PM from another Canuck who says getting them in is no problem, so looks like I stand corrected. Oh Boy. :wink:

Back