• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Golf anyone? Feb. 2016 shootin' contest.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Forum member Adui sent me this idea for what looks like a fun and simple contest. Golf with roundballs!

http://www.targets.ws/shooting-targets/golf-target-1.pdf

The rules are simple; 2 shots only, 25 yards offhand / unsupported with muzzle loading weapon of choice, C&B revolvers accepted. . One shot for each hole aimed at the -1 dot.

The score is whatever number area the shot hits, lowest score wins. Add both shots together and send it in.

...A hit outside the "green" (target image) counts as 3 points. Anything completely off paper is 4 points.

Click the link to the PDF file in the quote above and print your target on an 8.5"x 11" sheet of typing/printer paper.

Take 2 Shots at the "green" you print out at 25 yards. Try to put your balls in the holes. If you miss, do not try again. Misses count!

One target entry per member.

2 shots per target, hit or miss.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 2 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the "green" will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by February 29, 2016 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

The weather will determine whether or not I'll get out. I'd really like to shoot this one, however.

I think this is a great idea for a shoot.
:thumbsup: :hatsoff: Adui.

Can people color the -1 hole to increase visibility?

Might be a challenge on snow covered ground.

Well Jethro, this sounds good! When I first saw the topic I thought we were going to shoot golf balls and knock them in the hole. :grin:

MDK_WV said:
Well Jethro, this sounds good! When I first saw the topic I thought we were going to shoot golf balls and knock them in the hole. :grin:

That might be fun too. :haha:

I'd considered coloring the -1 hole myself, but since I didnt specifiy in my write up to you I figured I'd let it go. Glad someone else asked now I can! (wont be able to see the durned hole otherwise :shocked2: need new glasses something fierce!)

:idunno: My health is now my determining factor. I cannot support the fore end of the rifle. On Saturday, Jan 17, 3:40 PM I was on the way home from the Club. I was stopped at the stop sign; looked right, started to look back to the left , when a Pontiac Grand Prix decided to run the other sign. A 24' box truck coming down hill from the left hit the right rear quarter panel of the car, lifting & driving the left rear quarter panel into my right front left side.:cursing: The collision moved my truck to the right about 6 feet. Truck wasn't lucky and neither was I. :surrender: Slight bump to right rear of my head with abrasions on my bald area due to my cap. :doh:
It also drove the support bar area, between the front and rear doors, into my left shoulder leaving it feel like a bag of marbles:shake: and no lifting or support strength. I go to the ortho on Jan 27. I can move it some but not near enough to play outside. I'll keep watching and post update. This may just be a group tightener in the long run.

Dang! That sounds too close for comfort! Coulda been a lot worse real easy! :shocked2:
I'm glad you came out of it without worse damage. Get healed up!

:v THANKS for the 'Well Wishes" guys; got it Grumpa. Here's the latest. :wink: The shoulder was bruised pretty good aggravating the deep arthritic damage I have in the left shoulder (in Both) from my long, highly competitive contact type athletic career. It's only bruised, from the accident. :idunno: My truck has about $8K damage. Nothing major :doh:, no frame or engine or drive train damage :nono: The entire left front wheel assembly has to be replaced. Lights, grill, bumper, supports, wires and all the bolted body part. :doh: One of the hood hinges need replaced. Then painted and the entire truck paint needs scratches, from the cars rear glass shattering and cascading over the truck and scratched everything but the tailgate. :doh: They said 3 to 4 weeks to get it back :cursing:
My insurance called to give me the info. After I told him I'm not worried. If I'm unsatisfied I'll let my attorney's take care of everything else :hmm: That freaked him out :shocked2:, especially when I said they're friends and relatives that are on family retention and that I spoke to them 2 hours after the crash. They're being updated bye me. He sounded a little uneasy after that. I told him I don't fight when I have a team. Thanks again for the well wishes. I'm on REHAB!! :hatsoff:

I'm hoping to get out to the range next week when the weather warms a bit here in PA. I want to test my shoulder to see if I can be steady enough to shoot and hit something.... :slap:

Well, I shot mine yesterday, target will go in the mail tomorrow. Was doing real good, Zeroed the rile at 50, my standard range these days since all I do any more is punch paper.

Brought the target in to 25, took a couple shots at my regular rifle target to check the POI then stood up, took my first shot.. and marveled that I could do so well. Second shot showed I just got lucky :(

I, at this time, have every intention of participating in this shoot. Printed and colored the target. I do have a tendency to shoot "low" scores, though, so this could work out well:surrender:.

Kinda forgot about the member shoots as well as shooting in general this last year or so - my bride had some medical issues and we ended up going to Mayo, and I got really busy working. One turned out good in a bad way and one was bad in a good way.

Latest posts

Back