• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Golf anyone? Feb. 2016 shootin' contest.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hope everything's going good now. Sounds like you had a rough time there. We'd be glad to have you in the shoots.

Golf anyone?

The Canadian TV Comic RedGreen sometimes spoke of a shooting contest involving golf (someone hits a golf ball off a tee) and skeet (where a shooter positioned near the golfer shoots at the golf ball).

I'm happy to say I tried that sport ... it is really hard to hit a golf ball hit from a tee. If you can find the ball, it is easy to tell you hit it.

Red Green is great! I used to watch his show every week. Ain't seen it in some time.
I did see the Duck Dynasty guys doing that tho.
Too bad we couldn't try that for a forum shoot. :haha:

Mine's in the mail. I took it down as neatly as I could, the only four holes in it are from the staples.. If I would have put it up landscape I might have hit the target. Turns out I shoot consistently 12-13 inches to the left. Sorry about the bloodstain, must have cut my finger on the flint.

Too funny Greg. I used tape to hold mine as I didn't want to cut myself on the staples or the flint. No blood on mine. :rotf:

Jethro, mine is on the way and I must say I have the 32 dialed in. :thumbsup:

Dave

58 caliber said:
Jethro, mine is on the way and I must say I have the 32 dialed in. :thumbsup:

Dave

Uh oh... :shocked2: Think I've got some competition ... Ahh well, when Jethro see's my target he'll laugh again!

No. But it'd be a good trick if you can get both hole-in-ones with one shot without folding the paper.

60*, sunny and little wind here today . . . so I was able to get out and shoot "at" the target. Not bad, but definitely not good . . . especially considering it was the first time I have pulled the trigger on anything in nearly a year.

The target should be in the mail and headed your way tomorrow.

BTW - I also grabbed my .204 for some range time as well and shot the same target with it (but at 100 yds) - I'd rather send it along, but, alas, I didn't use roundball or a sidelock :doh:.

Otter

. . . especially considering it was the first time I have pulled the trigger on anything in nearly a year.

:thumbsup: That's what these contests are for. To give folks a reason to get out and shoot. And, of course, to have fun.

Back